Contribute
Register

[Work In Progress] Lenovo Z580 ML Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
any luck for speedstep working on this machine ?

I have speedstep working. See first post for instructions

Ive installed it on my Z580 and its working okay as i can see, but the problem is that i cant make audio ports working. Audio working, but not through headphones ports and mic don't work too. Can someone help me with digging why? Two weeks of trying and i guess i have no success.

Ive installed it on my Z580 and its working okay as i can see, but the problem is that i cant make audio ports working. Audio working, but not through headphones ports and mic don't work too. Can someone help me with digging why? Two weeks of trying and i guess i have no success.

You could try the VoodooHDA 1.8.3 version. You usually have to adjust the mic gain to like 85% in the .plist of the kext if you go that way.

What have you tried for Audio? Or what do you have right now? I have tried a number of solutions before arriving at the solution posted on the first post.

When everyone is saying they are running Multibeast, what are they checking off, exactly?

I've tried Chimera 2.2.1, 2.1.2, and now 2.0.1, all give me the little crossed out circle on a regular load. The only way I've managed to get into my install was through the Unibeast FDD (3.0.1) and "-x" boot flag.

For the record, I'm running a Lenovo z580 third-gen, 20135 model… 750GB HDD, ML 10.8.5.

So far I've gotten Wifi working with the new card from amazon, and I once heard a pop using the VoodooHDA 2.8.4. I can't boot directly from the HDD, only the Uni FDD.

I've made a comprehensive list of every step I've made so far on a notepad file on my other MBP, which I can upload if you want!

When everyone is saying they are running Multibeast, what are they checking off, exactly?

I've tried Chimera 2.2.1, 2.1.2, and now 2.0.1, all give me the little crossed out circle on a regular load. The only way I've managed to get into my install was through the Unibeast FDD (3.0.1) and "-x" boot flag.

For the record, I'm running a Lenovo z580 third-gen, 20135 model… 750GB HDD, ML 10.8.5.

So far I've gotten Wifi working with the new card from amazon, and I once heard a pop using the VoodooHDA 2.8.4. I can't boot directly from the HDD, only the Uni FDD.

I've made a comprehensive list of every step I've made so far on a notepad file on my other MBP, which I can upload if you want!

Use "-v" to diagnose your boot issue.

Use "-v" to diagnose your boot issue.

I ended up scratching the install altogether. Thank you though.

I've been keeping tabs of every boot with -v, and noting whenever something goes awry. I won't bother uploading it here just yet.

I ended up re-installing all of OSX just now, and so far I've got sound working with headphones (voodoo 2.7.3), 1366x768 display (qe seems to be working!), keyboard and trackpad working with your patch, and wireless.

is the max display on the z580 1366x768? just wondering if i can get any higher resolution. (edit: i'm an idiot, and didn't even think that this is the native resolution. nevermind!)

haven't tried ethernet, bluetooth, or hdmi yet. it shows i have usb 3 in the device tree, does that mean it'll run as usb 3?

Also, can anyone who used the Rehabman trackpad/keyboard patch upload their plist for the key settings? I'm just wondering if anyone went through and set up the f-keys to match what mac does. I got some little macbook stickers for my keys.

thanks everyone who posts in this thread! this laptop is going to make a great christmas gift.

People, can someone help with making audio on headphones? Links in first thread dont work, and all my work about make it work give no result. Pls, i need help or manuals, because i cant find them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back