Contribute
Register

[Work In Progress] Lenovo Z580 ML Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed!..
Updated to 10.8.4.
Reinstalled audio and wireless driver provided by untergeek (Thanks :) )
Deleted ATI (not mendatory) and Nvidia kexts
Flawless..

I've tried to do a search but this thread is very long. where can I find the audio drivers provided by untergeek?

I've tried to do a search but this thread is very long. where can I find the audio drivers provided by untergeek?

Sorry for the confusion..
Untergeek provided atheros wireless driver which is here the last post on the page.
Audio driver is the same driver we always use and can be found at first post ..

I'm not sure what to say. Have you made sure you've deleted all of the ATI and nVidia kexts after booting with -x once?

yes, i deleted all ati, amd, nvidia, gforce kexts. Can you write the list of kexts which are deleted? May be i deleted wrong kexts...

There's a full list of kexts to delete in this thread somewhere. I'm pretty sure it was from Turkawa.

It sounds to me, though, that you have the correct list with what you said. I'm still not sure why your Z580 isn't working. Which model number is it? Is it really new? Older?

Unless yours is a different model, somehow, if you've followed the steps here, it should work pretty flawlessly. I just reinstalled 10.8.4 and it's been great…AGAIN!

There's a full list of kexts to delete in this thread somewhere. I'm pretty sure it was from Turkawa.

It sounds to me, though, that you have the correct list with what you said. I'm still not sure why your Z580 isn't working. Which model number is it? Is it really new? Older?

Unless yours is a different model, somehow, if you've followed the steps here, it should work pretty flawlessly. I just reinstalled 10.8.4 and it's been great…AGAIN!

Lenovo Ideapad Z580
Model Name: 20135
i5-3210m
gt630m
8gb ram, 1tb hdd

I used UniBeast Method.
-installed OSX
-start with -x
-deleted amd, ati, geforce, nvidia kexts
-copied extra folder(http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...enovo-z580-ml-installation-11.html#post583895)
-installed turkawa's kexts with kextbeast(http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...enovo-z580-ml-installation-11.html#post583895)
-installed chimera and restarted

it is giving com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement
if i choose AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement from Multibeast it isn't boot. It is stucking at apple screen and turning circle...

if i plug the USB it is booting without error.
i copied the USB's extra folder to my internal hdd but it isn't working.

Whoa! Huge red flag here:

Lenovo Ideapad Z580
Model Name: 20135
i5-3210m
gt630m
8gb ram, 1tb hdd

Okay, if you have a Z580 with a built-in nVidia/GeForce GT630m, then our DSDT will NOT be the same for you. Our DSDT is for a Z580 with the Intel HD4000 graphics. Deleting the GeForce and NVidia kexts is likely, for you, a bad idea. You'll need to extract the proper DSDT for yours and then fiddle around with it. What Turkawa and I have is ever so slightly, but critically different from yours in that way.

I would be interested to see if we can get yours working with a new /Extra with the proper DSDT, kexts, etc.

Whoa! Huge red flag here:

Okay, if you have a Z580 with a built-in nVidia/GeForce GT630m, then our DSDT will NOT be the same for you. Our DSDT is for a Z580 with the Intel HD4000 graphics. Deleting the GeForce and NVidia kexts is likely, for you, a bad idea. You'll need to extract the proper DSDT for yours and then fiddle around with it. What Turkawa and I have is ever so slightly, but critically different from yours in that way.

I would be interested to see if we can get yours working with a new /Extra with the proper DSDT, kexts, etc.

but i'm using hd4000 now. you know i5-3210m has got hd4000 gpu

Yes, but mine does not have dual GPUs (and I'm pretty sure the same goes for Turkawa), but only the HD4000. It makes a difference. The DSDT would be quite different as a result.

it is giving com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement
if i choose AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement from Multibeast it isn't boot. It is stucking at apple screen and turning circle...

why dont you remove the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement from extensions and try that..

I also have dual graphics. Ensure optimus is disabled in bios and legacy boot is enabled with legacy first.

For me it was a case of simply adding the powermanagement kext manually to the usb, the one downloaded from here.

I'm sure it'd work in transmac too but can't be certain.

after adding it, booted flawlessly most times or could use a -v -f and perhaps PCIrootUID=1 boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back