Contribute
Register

[Work In Progress] Lenovo Z580 ML Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had the same problem with my Z580+Atheros card and 10.8.4. Did some digging and found this updated kext. Solved this problem for me.

just going to test now

edit: WORKS PERFECT!!!

THANK YOU!"!!!!!!!!!

thank you guys, thank you so much!

now all we need is:

SSDT for i5-3230m

and perhaps a way to get the optimus working.

http://gfx.io/

maybe this? I'm reluctant to try right now because I dont have a method to backup my osx drive incase it doesnt work.

My situation has degraded, somewhat. I have almost everything working again (the wifi was aggravating, but found a solution). Apparently with 10.8.4, much changed under the hood, which results in the following problems for me still remaining:

• My camera no longer works (the light turns on, but no data ever shows, and it hangs). More of an aggravation than a need.
• It no longer wakes from sleep (lid close or otherwise). I'm at a bit of a loss. This was working perfectly before.

Anyone else see this with 10.8.4? It was running flawlessly before. I haven't changed DSDT or SSDT, or Extras. Updated Chameleon, kept most of the same kexts where I could. That's about it.

Mine all works flawlessly.

I have the i5-3230m model with the gt635g graphics.

I had to make my own 1.8.4 because unibeast wouldn't work on my imac.

After making the USB I added the voodoo ps2 kext to s/l/e manually on the usb, this meant when i booted with -f PCIRootUID=1 i was able to use trackpad and keyboard.
I also needed to replace the applecpupowermanagement with the one from this thread

After the install:

I remember I had to boot with -x -f PCIRootUID=1

I then, with the files from turkawa on page 25 of this thread, installed the kexts required.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...enovo-z580-ml-installation-25.html#post583895 Heres the direct link to that post.

I used that dsdt too, for now until I learn to make my own.

Everything worked good except the wifi, which you helped fix with the other kext.

Hope this helps, maybe try reinstalling some kexts after a backup? if you have the means to backup... perhaps try the program I linked previously to check if it in any way helps with optimus?

Thanks again.

-Paul

Strange. Perhaps a clean re-install of 10.8.4 is in order. I may try that this weekend.

Would it be too much to ask for someone to put together an updated full tutorial in another thread and link it here? I'm a complete noob in the hackintosh game and would really like to get my z580 running ML to try it out (don't have a mac). This thread has gotten extremely long and pretty confusing. Any help appreciated!

Is there anyway for me to get started without a working osx installation? I checked out iBoot but it looks like ML is not supported?

Is there anyway for me to get started without a working osx installation? I checked out iBoot but it looks like ML is not supported?

Nope, you need a proper OSX, and you need to buy ML

You can purchase a Snow Leopard DVD from the Apple Store. Then use it to get SL installed (using iBoot Ivy) just far enough to log on the Mac App Store, purchase ML, and create Unibeast USB. Of course this adds a significant added hassle of dealing with SL before even getting started and an extra $50 for the Snow Leopard DVD.

Better to just borrow a friend's or family member's Mac.

You can purchase a Snow Leopard DVD from the Apple Store. Then use it to get SL installed (using iBoot Ivy) just far enough to log on the Mac App Store, purchase ML, and create Unibeast USB. Of course this adds a significant added hassle of dealing with SL before even getting started and an extra $50 for the Snow Leopard DVD.

Better to just borrow a friend's or family member's Mac.

Wow, thanks for the fast responses. This is pretty much what I figured. SO basically I need to borrow a Mac with ML and do Step 2 of UniBeast, then I will be able to use that USB on my z580?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back