Contribute
Register

WonkeyDonkey's Steambox Pro - Z87E-ITX - Core i7 4770S - GTX 760 Gaming ITX

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see – thought things needed to be changed from hex code to decimal code or vice versa ;)
What changes did you apply to your DSDST in addition to the ones we already discussed earlier?

Plist Edit Pro takes care of the conversion for the FakeSMC internals.

My DSDT edits were mainly hardware tweaks for my individual setup.

I read the info regarding smc version from this page, but applied the correct version for my system definition.

If you are using iMac14,3 then it should be set to 2.14f19, and for the iMac14,2 it is 2.15f2.

Sharing my SSDT wouldn't help you since we have different processors.

Hey guys, does the latest C2 version and latest BIOS work with Mavs? Should I get the Gigabyte board instead, or is this easy to get working 100%? Thanks!

Hey guys, does the latest C2 version and latest BIOS work with Mavs? Should I get the Gigabyte board instead, or is this easy to get working 100%? Thanks!

I don't have the C2 version here so can't comment on that.

Please share your FakeSMC.kext (or code snippet), don't know where to insert my SMC version and huronriver.
Are you still planning putting up a guide?
Thanks in advance!

Well everything I did is in the first post. Standard Unibeast/Multibeast install is all that's required really.

As I already mentioned, the smc edit can be done using plistedit pro, but it doesn't appear to affect functionality.

It's not about plist edit pro (i'm always using it for that purposes), I asked where to insert (or what to replace) the smc info inside info.plist of fakesmc.kext – there's no info about that in the first post.

I believe that I speak for all of us as we really appreciate what you're doing for the community and no offense but remember that not everyone is a pro hackintosher – a little more infos (what needs to be replaced and where etc.) about the hacks you made would be awesome. it certainly would help to do the hacks by ourselves and we would learn how things works btw. thanks again!

I have posted the info you need. The tool required is plistedit pro, the file concerned is fakesmc.kext, the page containing the versions is posted from the apple website, and the background info on pikes site which I also linked for you.

If you open the only plist file that exists in fakesmc itself, you can see where the values go as per this view :

86135-fakesmc.jpg

I can't do the job for you; thats for you to decide if you want to do it. I also won't be writing a how-to since I don't know what software versions everyone is using, which fakesmc version you are all using, which system definition you are using, or even what hardware you have since you still have not completed your hardware listing in your profile. It is dependant on these things.

This is not a one-size-fits-all approach and can not be used for every hackintosh, its simply what worked for me given the hardware I listed and the setup I used which is clearly provided.

You might like to make a start by helping yourself; complete your hardware list in your profile or make a post clearly stating exactly which hardware you have, what version of OSX you are using, which version of FakeSMC you have, which system definition you use etc. At least then we can see if this might work for you or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
THANK YOU, a screenshot did the magic!
I know that it's not suitable and necessary to do the job for me – but I didn't ask for that because i clearly asked where you got the info from and what needs to be done :)

But for the sake of simplyfing and imo it's just better to post a screenshot and necessary info thus let people decide whether one wants to apply changes (according to their own sys definition) or not.

Reading the infos on Pikeralphas' site with you pointing there was extremely useful for me to understand how things work.
But in the end I didn't know where to insert the values. As I said, a simple screenshot did the magic. Thanks for that :)

And your hardware profile ?

And your hardware profile ?
+1, WonkeyDonkey! By filling out your Profile System (motherboard make/model#), CPU (Intel model) and Graphics (graphics card make/model # or Intel Integrated Graphics version) and your signature block, you help us help you better. :thumbup:

For others,
I highly recommend you read the tonymacx86 Forum Rules & Policies (again) as they contain useful information.

Yep – and same wifi card as you have.
Pitty I couldn't choose the right motherboard in the build signature..

If you have a moment, you might like to post an output of 'lspci' so I can have a look and see what has changed.

:thumbup:

I will – need the Lspci port by EvOSX86, right?
Returning home to my hack in about a week or ten days (hardcore commuter).
hope you can wait that long!

You can use that yup, although an updated devices list is needed since that default one is quite old I think.

After installation, if you run 'update-pciids' and let it do its thing, and then paste the output of :

Code:
lspci -nn

That would be great!

I seem to remember last time I installed it, I had to do a reboot after installation but prior to first use.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back