Contribute
Register

WonkeyDonkey's Steambox Pro - Z87E-ITX - Core i7 4770S - GTX 760 Gaming ITX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep – and same wifi card as you have.
Pitty I couldn't choose the right motherboard in the build signature..

Did you use the 2.30A firmware on your C2 board? Let me know if everything went well. Thanks bro! :headbang:

@WonkeyDonkey
1) Are you using Chameleon or Clover?
2) BIOS or UEFI?
3) How fast is your boot time with SSD into OS X?

Thanks guys! This thread helps a ton!

Did you use the 2.30A firmware on your C2 board? Let me know if everything went well. Thanks bro! :headbang:

@WonkeyDonkey
1) Are you using Chameleon or Clover?
2) BIOS or UEFI?
3) How fast is your boot time with SSD into OS X?

Thanks guys! This thread helps a ton!

Standard unibeast/multibeast method here, so chimera bootloader. That is based on chameleon.

Bios based boot since chimera is not UEFI aware.

Not measured, but boot time is reassuringly fast, trust me :p

Btw, 2.30A will work on either revision of the board.

srock have released 2.30A on the beta download section for this motherboard.
I have asked them to merge the changes into the production bios as a new release.

Thank you! :)

BTW: Also got a NUC D54250WYK(H) yesterday. :)

Sorry for the noobish question, can I still boot into windows using UEFI? Or will I have to boot W8 in legacy BIOS?

If you installed Windows using UEFI mode then it would not show up in the Chimera boot screen, to use everything on UEFI you would need to use Clover.

The easiest way is to install Windows in non-UEFI mode. If your bios is set to legacy only it should do this anyway.

It may be technically possible to have a mixed mode system but its not something I would use personally and have not tried. If you did then I imagine you would use Chimera to boot OSX and then have to use the bios boot selection (F11) screen to pick up the UEFI Windows.

If you installed Windows using UEFI mode then it would not show up in the Chimera boot screen, to use everything on UEFI you would need to use Clover.

The easiest way is to install Windows in non-UEFI mode. If your bios is set to legacy only it should do this anyway.

It may be technically possible to have a mixed mode system but its not something I would use personally and have not tried. If you did then I imagine you would use Chimera to boot OSX and then have to use the bios boot selection (F11) screen to pick up the UEFI Windows.

I see. Do you think Clover will work with this board? Ideally I'd like to boot both OSes in pure UEFI mode.

I see. Do you think Clover will work with this board? Ideally I'd like to boot both OSes in pure UEFI mode.

It work should absolutely fine, I dont see a reason why it wouldn't. Its not something I have tried though as I only boot OSX at the moment.

@WonkeyDonkey

Hey, can you upload some photos of your build? I really like that case and I'd like to see the interior and exterior :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back