Contribute
Register

WonkeyDonkey's Steambox Pro - Z87E-ITX - Core i7 4770S - GTX 760 Gaming ITX

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could kiss you, Giacomooo :)
Every time i run into a problem you come up with a perfect solution! Issue is solved now by using your script, no need to re-patch audio
Glad to hear that! Thanks for testing.

Is it safe to appy that recovery update 1.0 that came up with 10.3?
Yes

I could kiss you, Giacomooo :)
Every time i run into a problem you come up with a perfect solution! Issue is solved now by using your script, no need to re-patch audio..

I hear a lot of complaints about that from devs, that's true.
One the one hand it keeps you busy and paid but it's annoying if something that worked just stops doing so due to questionable design/UI decisions..
Luckily I am more on the frontend and conceptual side so I'm not that affected..

Bummer, that sucks!

Maybe a little kiss could cheer you up?! :lol:
I know you get it right, it's just my way of saying 'thank you' to you as well for all the support throughout the installation/setup process. ;)

One last thing:
Is it safe to appy that recovery update 1.0 that came up with 10.3?

I have not seen this recovery update people are talking about. That said I use Chimera on all my systems so no recovery partitions of any kind; hence I know its not that important to me.

Hey WonkeyDonkey,
I haven't seen many Asrock Z87E-ITX builds here, but I've at least finally managed to get time (never easy with 3 small kids) to give you a quick thumbs up. I think your efforts with Asrock (which got me started with the same board) should have got more interest. Anyway, I now have a nice multi-OS compact system with Yosemite/Windows/Ubuntu/SteamOS on two SSDs using Clover. So far the Yosemite updates haven't caused any problems, I just updated from the AppStore. However, I still haven't tried HDMI audio and sleep mode as I don't really need them.
My plan was to get game streaming going from the Raven AIO (AllInOne) to my existing old Acer Revo 3610 (Atom CPU with ION graphics). Streaming seems to work fine with Ubuntu and the Steam client on the Revo and the Raven as the server, both with Windows and SteamOS.
Anyway, thanks again, hope to manage to do a better write-up of my build in the forum soon.

Anyway, great forum, keep up the good work guys!

Hey WonkeyDonkey,
I haven't seen many Asrock Z87E-ITX builds here, but I've at least finally managed to get time (never easy with 3 small kids) to give you a quick thumbs up. I think your efforts with Asrock (which got me started with the same board) should have got more interest. Anyway, I now have a nice multi-OS compact system with Yosemite/Windows/Ubuntu/SteamOS on two SSDs using Clover. So far the Yosemite updates haven't caused any problems, I just updated from the AppStore. However, I still haven't tried HDMI audio and sleep mode as I don't really need them.
My plan was to get game streaming going from the Raven AIO (AllInOne) to my existing old Acer Revo 3610 (Atom CPU with ION graphics). Streaming seems to work fine with Ubuntu and the Steam client on the Revo and the Raven as the server, both with Windows and SteamOS.
Anyway, thanks again, hope to manage to do a better write-up of my build in the forum soon.

Anyway, great forum, keep up the good work guys!

Thanks! I have audio working over DisplayPort but with a discrete graphics card as Ive never been a fan of the Intel built-in efforts. Sleep does work fine here mind you.

:thumbup:

I use the optical port for audio, which works fine.
I assume that sleep mode, and getting speed-stepping to work correctly, both depend entirely on the boot program, and I use Clover whereas you use Chimera, correct?
Anyway, if I ever get time to get them working I'll let you, mind you I'm sure someone else has already done it .. :clap:

I use the optical port for audio, which works fine.
I assume that sleep mode, and getting speed-stepping to work correctly, both depend entirely on the boot program, and I use Clover whereas you use Chimera, correct?
Anyway, if I ever get time to get them working I'll let you, mind you I'm sure someone else has already done it .. :clap:

Start form page 30 of this thread. Please note that this is just to understand what Clover does. A lot of stuff has changed since then. Actually what you really need to do right now is the following:

- Update to the latest Bios version (2.50, at this time)
- Install OS X 10.10.3 with Clover Guide
- Once on desktop, install the latest Clover with these options
141732-schermata-2015-06-22-alle-09-06-45.png

- The EFI partition will show up on desktop. Open EFI/EFI/CLOVER and replace

• config.plist file
  • ACPI folder
  • drivers64UEFI folder
  • kext folder
with the content attached down here.
- Download and install the latest nVidia driver (if you can't install them, follow these steps)
- Reboot
- Download audio_CloverALC-master.zip from toleda's GitHub repo.
- Unzip file, leave the folder in Download folder of your system, unzip audio_cloverALC-100.command.zip
- Run the unzipped audio_cloverALC-100-v1.0.1.command, type password and follow the steps of the script.
- Run caches_rebuild.command, also attached here
- Reboot​

Attachments

• caches_rebuild.command.zip
    669.8 KB · Views: 78
  • z87e itx.zip
    164 KB · Views: 73
Last edited by a moderator:
For UEFI-mode Clover users.
Updated to 10.10.4 successfully.
For those who use nVidia Maxwell Graphics card, follow Stork's advise.
Using only HD4600 integrated graphics, here are the steps:
  • Download combo update
  • Open Clover Configurator, Mount EFI partition and open EFI\EFI\CLOVER\config.plist
  • Delete the line
    Code:
    IOAHCIBlockStorage
    004150504C452053534400
    TRIM Enabler
    from Config.plist\Kernel and Kext Patches\Kext to Patch
    142641-screen-shot-2015-07-01-11-32-17.png
  • Save config.plist
  • Run osxupdcombo10.10.4.dmg and Reboot system
  • Open Terminal and type
    Code:
    sudo trimforce enable
  • Type y for all Terminal questions and reboot
    142642-screen-shot-2015-07-01-12-04-34.png
  • Check Trim Support
    142643-screen-shot-2015-07-01-12-05-42.png
  • If Audio has trouble, run caches_rebuild.command attached down here

Attachments

• caches_rebuild.command.zip
    669.8 KB · Views: 87
Last edited by a moderator:
We can still use TRIM Enabler cloverwise, no?
Or is there a performance benefit using native trim support?
Thanks in advance
Good question. Actually I don't know if there are (or what would be the) differences. Since I try to use the most vanilla system I can, I prefer to enable native Trim support. Hope this would survive to next updates. Soon I'll try a vanilla 10.10.4 installation, just to know if that native support would be natively active, or it will always need the Terminal string to enable

Alrighty then :)
I guess I'll leave it as it is for now and tryout the native solution when needed (hoepfully not too soon :thumbup:)
Thanks for your little howtos for each update!

You should at least try the built-in trim enable command and see if it works for you, not forgetting to temporarily disable any you may have setup through Clover. Then check in to 'About This Mac>System Report>SATA/SATA Express' and see if it is shown as enabled.

If this works natively for you, then I would personally suggest to go with it. One less modified kext is a good thing and one thing less to worry about when setting up your system.

I dont see any reason not to use it if it works on your SSD.

:thumbup:

Wonkey & Giacomo,

is it safe to update to 10.10.5 (clover uefi)?
TIA :thumbup:
Yes. Just updated with no issues: the fifth update in a row without patching (or re-patching) anything. Apple Trim Support still enabled.
For nVidia Maxwell card users, do not update until new nVidia Drivers will be out (Today? Tomorrow?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back