Contribute
Register

With TRIM, Errors - Without TRIM, No Errors??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its done
Thanks a lot

No EFI/Clover attached:
Screen Shot 2017-09-29 at 12.07.16 PM.png

Sorry RehabMan , but still slow when trim desactivated
Can you help us ?
Hi RehabMan

This is the file . It is OK ?

Your ioreg shows APFS on NVMe.
Not possible to disable TRIM on NVMe (NVMe is always trim enabled even for non-Apple NVMe SSDs).
It has been that way since NVMe support was introduced in 10.11.

You should install on HFS+J instead of APFS.

Same problem and no solution for me
What kind of SSD have you ? is its fresh install or update Sierra ?

Ciao.
The problem occurs on a SanDisk SSD 250 after triggering the Trim, after fresh install of High Sierra: long pause after the line -
''(apfs) apfs_mount_update:17785: er: mount check: ro->rw update: no encryption rolling in progress, bailing''.
On NVMe ssd, where trim is enabled by default, the problem disappears.
I can not tell you anything else, unfortunately. I was expecting an explanation from a coder.
Giuseppe

Hello,
in High Sierra , after activating the trim, the boot stays about 20 seconds before these rows:

kernel: (apfs) er_state_obj_get_for_recovery:3682: No ER state object - rolling is not happening, nothing to recover.

kernel: (apfs) handle_mount:254: vol-uuid: 42581E64-0633-4338-A556-AFBEFF7E020F block size: 4096 block count: 58556556 (unencrypted; flags: 0x1; features: 1.0.2)

kernel: (apfs) apfs_vfsop_mount:1331: mounted volume: VM

kernel: (apfs) apfs_load_inode:3805: *** reset ino 775206 size back to 29314 (from 29989)

Instead, without trim, no breaks.

A person of good will might explain to me why?

Sorry for my english and thanks in advance.

Use HFS+J instead of APFS, all problems gone.

Ciao.
On my system High Sierra with APFS it is actually slower and less reactive than Sierra, even on NVMs with native trim. The problem is just mine?
Is the reason APFS instead of HFS +J ?
If this does not happen on Mac systems, what other hackintosh procedure might be required?
A help, an idea from the venerable coders?
Giuseppe

Ciao.
On my system High Sierra with APFS it is actually slower and less reactive than Sierra, even on NVMs with native trim. The problem is just mine?
Is the reason APFS instead of HFS +J ?
If this does not happen on Mac systems, what other hackintosh procedure might be required?
A help, an idea from the venerable coders?
Giuseppe

Use HFS+J instead of APFS.

I installed with APFS on an NVMe SSD, but it was slow and there was other weird stuff going on so I ended up erasing the drive and restoring from TM. Back on HFS now and everything is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back