Contribute
Register

[WIP] P8Z77-V Deluxe, Ivy Bridge, and OS X

Status
Not open for further replies.
tom.humphrey said:
Cheers for that, yep got it booting now not sure if everything I have done is necessary but it does work! (not 100% functional though) and other then trial and error on some settings it was surprisingly easy.

Multibeast settings

mb.tiff

I haven't included audio kexts or network kexts due to what I said earlier.

getting a geek bench score of around 12k with 16GB ram i7-2600k and 6870. Was hoping this would be higher but there we go, still not anything to cry about.

BIOS settings:

AHCI
HPET enabled
disable UEFI boot

I have a developed account as well, so when I've got more time I will try installing mountain lion on this and see if I can get that working as well, unless someone beats me to it.

This is far from working properly but it is very usable.

How is it "far from working properly"?

Geekbench will be near 15-16k with a simple overclock (which your K series processor is meant to do)

sorry that was a bit of an over exaggeration. What I meant to say is that it is working, however it does still need more work as noticing quite a few error messages in the console kernel log. however don't know what they are all for to be honest.

Have included the log so you can see.

I know I could get it up to there, but I don't really use it for anything that needs that + have got an i7-3770k coming in the next week or so, however unsure about trying to overclock that due to what I've heard about the temps and glue. :p

Oh and also the SATA drives are working at a negotiated speed of 3GB/s still even though it is recognised as a 6GB/s interface. Anyway to change that?

edit: Actually just seen that all of them are being recognised as 6GB/s

Attachments

• kernel.log
    106.7 KB · Views: 109
You should export your bare DSDT from this board and ask Maldon if he will mod it up for us. This would give us a nice head start with all the basic fixes implemented.

Don't think I have touched any dsdt since I first started building hacks (over a year ago now)

Will extract and post up here so people can get it if they want to do anything with it.

just need the dsl? not the aml? sorry can't remember which one or how to extract it exactly. Using dsdtse.

Attachments

• dsdt.dsl
    375 KB · Views: 155
We would need the DSDT.aml

tom.humphrey said:
my bad, here we go

working now?

After we get someone to mod it it will be :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back