Contribute
Register

WindowServer memory leak on High Sierra?

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOLVED: I think is an nvidia driver problem. Unistalled 387.10.10.10.25.158 (using nvidia driver manager, AlinPopa) and used nvidia-update https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/nvidia-update-simple-way-to-install-nvidia-web-drivers.244987/ .It installed 378.10.10.10.25.106 and no more windowserver memory leak, process remain around 64mb since last boot.

Edit: After reboot everything os Ok, no more lags using the system and windowserver process is under 80mb instead the second per second incremental of ram use until reaching more than 10gb making unstable and force me to restart. Now the 16gb of ddr4 feels like that.

Last edited:
I'm having the same issue here.
I have a MacBook Pro Late 2013 Retina with 2 LG ultrawide connected.
I already tried to reset the PRAM and NVRAM and nothing worked at all.
Screen Shot 2018-02-27 at 22.10.26.png

SOLVED: I think is an nvidia driver problem. Unistalled 387.10.10.10.25.158 (using nvidia driver manager, AlinPopa) and used nvidia-update https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/nvidia-update-simple-way-to-install-nvidia-web-drivers.244987/ .It installed 378.10.10.10.25.106 and no more windowserver memory leak, process remain around 64mb since last boot.

Edit: After reboot everything os Ok, no more lags using the system and windowserver process is under 80mb instead the second per second incremental of ram use until reaching more than 10gb making unstable and force me to restart. Now the 16gb of ddr4 feels like that.

This was the fix for me.. my system went from barely usable, to what it's supposed to be! 64gb of RAM should be plenty, system was stuttering like crazy, now it's awesome again.. Thanks!!

This was the fix for me.. my system went from barely usable, to what it's supposed to be! 64gb of RAM should be plenty, system was stuttering like crazy, now it's awesome again.. Thanks!!
64 gb of ram? please tell me that you are not using it just for facetime or light gaming. :crazy:

I'm having the same issue here.
I have a MacBook Pro Late 2013 Retina with 2 LG ultrawide connected.
I already tried to reset the PRAM and NVRAM and nothing worked at all.

Same here, on all the betas, and the NVidia web driver suggestion didn't work either. The only thing that makes my mbp manageable again is a utility that allows for custom resolutions, mine is now on 2048x1280, instead of Apple's 1920x1280. You lose some font smoothing that happens with Apple's resolutions, but the graphics are smooth again and windowserver's memory only grows gradually instead of ballooning and grinding my computer to a crawl.

Thanks , It worked.
hardware:
i5 8400 + Z370 + GTX1050

Same here, on all the betas, and the NVidia web driver suggestion didn't work either. The only thing that makes my mbp manageable again is a utility that allows for custom resolutions, mine is now on 2048x1280, instead of Apple's 1920x1280. You lose some font smoothing that happens with Apple's resolutions, but the graphics are smooth again and windowserver's memory only grows gradually instead of ballooning and grinding my computer to a crawl.

What's the name of this utility? And what configuration did you put on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back