Graphics
Nvidia GTX 670 oc w/ Accelero water cooler
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
So i have just recently build my new hackintosh using parts from tonys list for mini mac 2012. My problem is that i have the machine up and running but every dvd i try to make to install OSX will get through the chameleon bootloader but the i just get a white apple screen and it wont move on from there ( i let it sit for 4 hours like that to make sure). The only other OS i have is windows 7 and i dont have access to another mac to make the usb or DVD needed. Any thoughts on what i should try and do.

Gigabyte GA-Z77N-Wifi
I7-3770k
NVidia 650Ti
Intel 330 240

P.S. i have been trying to using a 10.7ver and it didnt work i also used a 10.6 ver and got the install but would not boot up after install.

Have you tried connecting your USB stick to the other ports other than USB 3.0 and booting from that instead? The USB 3.0 ports are usually blue while standard ones are usually black.

p.s. my mistake, you're using disks! I would suggest using a USB stick installer to do the job rather than DVDs. Gets it done much quicker plus you can edit the files on the fly.

the only problem i have with that is i havent found a program that will work in windows to burn that disk image to a usb and it work i have tryed dmgtousb and a couple other programs just no luck and i dont have access to an apple computer to use unibeast or multibeast. i have 10.6.3 working cd just have to make some adjustments on the install and hopefully it work and i will be able to at least get lion through that on a usb but fingers crossed. i have also read that when you install you should only have 4gb of ram installed i have 8 would that make a difference. also i get the 10.6.3 to install but when i go to boot it just brings me to the apple logo and does nothing else.

Awesome that should be a big help thank you!

iBoot-Ivy-Bridge is the key to installing/booting OS X 10.6.x with IB mainboards/CPUs.

i have yet to try it i have been in the hospital with my son. I think my biggest problem is that i have had a bootleg copy and i just ordered 10.6 CD from apple so hopefully that will help also.

i have yet to try it i have been in the hospital with my son. I think my biggest problem is that i have had a bootleg copy and i just ordered 10.6 CD from apple so hopefully that will help also.

Yes, definitely - methods on this site require the retail DVD.

so will i have to use the IBoot disc everytime i startup even after getting ML and if i do is there anyway to write it to the hd. I have a bitfenix prodigy case with a Corsair H100i i dont have room for a cd or dvd drive.

so will i have to use the IBoot disc everytime i startup even after getting ML and if i do is there anyway to write it to the hd. I have a bitfenix prodigy case with a Corsair H100i i dont have room for a cd or dvd drive.

No, once you download the Mountain Lion install app, create the UniBeast USB installer and install Mountain Lion.
Then run MultiBeast, select the items appropriate for your mainboard and install, then reboot. No more need for the SL DVD or iBoot CD, so store them in the back of you desk drawer or in a box somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back