Contribute
Register

Windows "Repair" issue with Opencore

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot has happened today, I'll have my own head in the morning and be able to do the reply justice.

Right. Yesterday morning I started from scratch, assembling the files and creating a new pair of SSDT's and new config.
Not a blind bit of diference.
Researching that Windows error (in attached image) I see it appears when Windows thinks there are missing files or corruption in those files, though far too non-specific for my liking.
Seems as though I'm back to square one.
Just a reminder, Windows boots perfectly from the BIOS with NO issues, and it's a clean install.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    17 MB · Views: 91
  • 20200912_121454.jpg
    20200912_121454.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 189
I started from scratch againyesterday morning.
Formatted both M.2's, and performed clean installs of both Catalina and Windows 10.
Assembled a new Opencore (0.6.1) and STILL THE SAME, when I select to boot into Windows from Opencore all it will do is take me to the "Recovery" screen, but boots perfectly from BIOS.

Can you upload your new EFI?

The next step is to change the config to disable most things (SMBIOS, ACPI) and see if it still occurs.

Can you upload your new EFI?

The next step is to change the config to disable most things (SMBIOS, ACPI) and see if it still occurs.

I've got exact same issue on my desktop (MSI H270 PC MATE) but on HP laptop it's working fine with triple boot.

UPD: I tried to disable all ACPI *.aml with no luck. So... what options do we have?
- we need to fix smth else? (but for kabulake are only 3 pathes should be applied)

Last edited:
I've got exact same issue on my desktop (MSI H270 PC MATE) but on HP laptop it's working fine with triple boot.
It's seems that devs are saying "go **** youself" and you MUST fix all ACPI issues on your own even if it's tables from official manual, doh

UPD: I tried to disable all ACPI *.aml with no luck. So... what options do we have?
- we need to fix smth else? (but for kabulake are only 3 pathes should be applied)
You have the best option and that is to use the bios boot picker to select the drive that you want to boot from!

You have the best option and that is to use the bios boot picker to select the drive that you want to boot from!

That's a bad UX option when you have to enter bios to manually change EFI

That's a bad UX option when you have to enter bios to manually change EFI
Most newer computers and laptops alike allow you to press F12 or another key to select a boot device... it is not a permanent choice but neither is picking a different boot device in open core.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back