Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I run a dual boot system, Catalina and Windows 10.
Using Clover I had no problem booting to either system, but using Opencore I am currently only able to boot into Mac.
I can still boot into Windows from BIOS menu but when I click on the Windows Icon in Opencanopy all I get is a message that there has been an error and it tries to enter "Repair" mode.

I tried entering the Windows EFI path manually into BlessOverride (\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\bootmgfw.efi) but to no avail.
Each system has it's own M.2 and each works fine. Yesterday I totally flattened the windows M.2 and did a fresh install of 10, still the same issue, when I click the Windows icon I get the Windows repair mode.

Any suggestions would be very gratefully accepted.

Using Clover I had no problem booting to either system, but using Opencore I am currently only able to boot into Mac.
I can still boot into Windows from BIOS menu but when I click on the Windows Icon in Opencanopy all I get is a message that there has been an error and it tries to enter "Repair" mode.

I tried entering the Windows EFI path manually into BlessOverride (\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\bootmgfw.efi) but to no avail.
Each system has it's own M.2 and each works fine. Yesterday I totally flattened the windows M.2 and did a fresh install of 10, still the same issue, when I click the Windows icon I get the Windows repair mode.

I have the same problem with both of my laptops. But my desktop it works great. I am guessing it because of the ACPI patches.

That means your acpi might be broken for windows to accept it, when you boot it, it will crash on boot and will reboot several times and after 3 unsuccessful reboots windows will start the recovery process. Check your acpi.

That means your acpi might be broken for windows to accept it, when you boot it, it will crash on boot and will reboot several times and after 3 unsuccessful reboots windows will start the recovery process. Check your acpi.

Doubt his ACPI is broke since he can boot with the bios not from OC and has a clean install.

In another post, you said you should just be able to plug windows drive-in and OC will detect it and boot it. This is clearly not the case for this user.

Doubt his ACPI is broke since he can boot with the bios not from OC and has a clean install.

In another post, you said you should just be able to plug windows drive-in and OC will detect it and boot it. This is clearly not the case for this user.

you're misquoting me. it does work as it should if you properly made your oc setup, obviously if you have problematic acpi configuration it wont boot, and windows is not as forgiving as macos when it comes to acpi.

Clover does not apply acpi patches and inject acpi files to windows (unless stated otherwise), OC is OS agnostic and will push any patches/files to any OS. Having a broken ACPI setup will obviously lead to a broken system, if it doesn't work on windows, then it will also create issues on macOS. Read the Configuration pdf that comes with OC.

you're misquoting me. it does work as it should if you properly made your oc setup, obviously if you have problematic acpi configuration it wont boot, and windows is not as forgiving as macos when it comes to acpi.

Clover does not apply acpi patches and inject acpi files to windows (unless stated otherwise), OC is OS agnostic and will push any patches/files to any OS. Having a broken ACPI setup will obviously lead to a broken system, if it doesn't work on windows, then it will also create issues on macOS. Read the Configuration pdf that comes with OC.

Cool thanks for proving my point that setting up clover to dual boot is easier then OC since you have to do absolutely nothing in clover to get it to boot multiple OS.

Now help the dude that needs help... I do not need to read the configuration PDF because I do not need to dual boot.

Can you upload your EFI?

Watching this with bated breath.......
In the meantime I intend to go through the set-up from the ground up, which could serve two purposes, I may fix the problem, and I'll also educate myself while doing so.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    17 MB · Views: 193
No ACPI patches and all of the SSDTs are sourced from dortania, interesting.
You can try replacing your current SSDTs with these (they're wrapped in _OSI to essentially disable them for Windows) but I'm not terribly hopeful that they'll help. If it does, the guide's samples may need to be updated.

Do you have any picture of this Windows error message? Is it entering Automatic Repair?
Another possible theory could be that a driver doesn't like the change in SMBIOS, but I'm doubtful.

Attachments

• SSDT-PLUG-DRTNIA.aml
    6.4 KB · Views: 200
  • SSDT-EC-USBX-DESKTOP.aml
    6.4 KB · Views: 138
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back