Graphics
IntelHD3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, i have no idea why this is not working, but i am trying to install windows 10 UEFI on my hp probook, i followed the instruction to create bootable usb stick and created a 30GB MAC OS X extended partion, booted from windows EFI and during installation i get the Windows couldn't update computers boot configuration error message, i dunno why its happening, please help.
Thanks in advance.

Hi, i have no idea why this is not working, but i am trying to install windows 10 UEFI on my hp probook, i followed the instruction to create bootable usb stick and created a 30GB MAC OS X extended partion, booted from windows EFI and during installation i get the Windows couldn't update computers boot configuration error message, i dunno why its happening, please help.
Thanks in advance.

Make sure you boot Windows via the normal Windows bootloader during the update. You may even want to disable Clover while you do that to make it easier.

i get windows can not be installed to this disk. the selected disk is of the gpt partition style when i turn off system, press f9 to boot select boot menu, and boot directly from usb stick.

but i get the first error when i boot from EFI(windows), you said i should turn off clover.. how do i disable clover, and how do i solve this boot configuration error..

Thanks in advance

i get windows can not be installed to this disk. the selected disk is of the gpt partition style when i turn off system, press f9 to boot select boot menu, and boot directly from usb stick.

but i get the first error when i boot from EFI(windows), you said i should turn off clover.. how do i disable clover, and how do i solve this boot configuration error..

Thanks in advance

Important dual-boot information in guide post #2...

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...de-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover.html

Hi, thanks for your answers
where i dont get is - leave "free space" or use an HFS+J "placeholder" partition on your HDD to install Windows , i have tried so many things, installations just doesnt complete, it just gets to 100% and prompts couldnt update boot configuration, i just want to get past this part and thats it.
can you please just give me a step by step instruction to make this work??
Thanks in advance.

Hi, thanks for your answers
where i dont get is - leave "free space" or use an HFS+J "placeholder" partition on your HDD to install Windows , i have tried so many things, installations just doesnt complete, it just gets to 100% and prompts couldnt update boot configuration, i just want to get past this part and thats it.
can you please just give me a step by step instruction to make this work??
Thanks in advance.

How did you create your Windows installer USB?
Did you install Windows in UEFI mode?

By leave "free space" means to leave unallocated space when you partition for OS X, such that you have room to create your Windows partition within the Windows installer. The alternative is to create an HFS+ partition that you will later delete in the Windows installer so you have that same "free space" to create the Windows partition.

i created my windows installer usb stick using the diskpart command, and yes i installed windows in UEFI mode in below steps
-shutdown os x
-powered on pc
-pressed f9 to choose boot device
-selected boot from efi file
-selected windows partiton(usb) > efi and boot x64
-booted windows > deleted partition os x extended journaled created with os x, installed on the unallocated space, and eventually gets the error, i dunno what am doing wrong.

i created my windows installer usb stick using the diskpart command, and yes i installed windows in UEFI mode in below steps
-shutdown os x
-powered on pc
-pressed f9 to choose boot device
-selected boot from efi file
-selected windows partiton(usb) > efi and boot x64
-booted windows > deleted partition os x extended journaled created with os x, installed on the unallocated space, and eventually gets the error, i dunno what am doing wrong.

No need for diskpart to create USB. You can format the USB as FAT32 within Windows Explorer, then copy the Windows ISO contents to it with copy/paste.

Make sure you're installing Windows to the main SATA drive.

by Make sure you're installing Windows to the main SATA drive, you mean create a partition from your internal drive where you installed mac and install windows on it... yea, did that..
it just installs till 100% and checked installed updates and in few seconds it just pops out the boot configuration update error.
i just dunno whats wrongs.

by Make sure you're installing Windows to the main SATA drive, you mean create a partition from your internal drive where you installed mac and install windows on it... yea, did that..
it just installs till 100% and checked installed updates and in few seconds it just pops out the boot configuration update error.
i just dunno whats wrongs.

Do you have current BIOS installed? Have you tried installing Windows UEFI standalone? (to make sure you know how to do it).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back