EVGA GTS 250 1GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey everyone, long time lurker here!
I am currently having issues with my new system when running OS X Mountain Lion and Windows 8.
My specs are as follows:

Intel Core i5 3570k
Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3 (updated to latest UEFI BIOS)
8GB (2x4GB) G.Skill RipjawX 1600Mhz
EVGA GTS 250 1GB
320GB Western Digital Caviar Blue (Aiming to use 160GB for Windows 8 /160GB for OSX)

My issues are that the 2 OS' don't play well together.
Installing Windows 8 after using disk utility to partition the drives (GUID, 160GB Mac OS Extended, 160GB FAT32) runs fine, however after installing OSX to the other partition I get a blue screen on Windows 8 with a Boot/BCD 0xc000000f error.
I am also having issues booting into Mountain Lion after installing Multibeast. I can only install/boot OSX using my Unibeast USB with the PCIRootUID=0 boot flag or my screen shuts off after receiving no signal from the GPU. If I boot using that same boot flag on Chimera I get the same result as if I had not used the boot flag on the USB (black screen).
I am booting the Windows 8 install disk in Legacy mode as I have heard that it causes BIOS/boot issues if I don't do so and I am unable to install otherwise.

I have been unsuccessful in solving any of these problems and thus any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks!
~SirClutch

About the BSOD in Windows, read this: http://readwrite.com/2011/09/21/windows-8-spells-trouble-for-l
I kinda fixed it by installing Windows 8 on a separate HDD. But everytime I want to boot into Windows 8, I have to disconnect my Mac drive or else it runs into a BSOD. I don't think there's any solution for that right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back