1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Color Classic
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello,

I have a 100% working Hackintosh with 10.8.2 on a z68 Gigabyte motherboard and I have noticed that no matter what I do, if I install a Windows 7 or Windows 8 in a second hard drive for dual boot, the Win OS will install fine, errors free etc etc but once I start switching between Mac and Win the Win OS will start behaving weird. At first some drivers wont load, then frequent memory crashes and at some point it became almost unusable, boot loops, windows recovery, etc etc. The Mac OS remains flawless!

Here are my system Specs:

Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4 UEFI Bios
Intel Core i7 2700K
Corsair Vengance 16GB 4x4GB 1600 9-9-9-24 1.5v
Samsung 830 Series 256GB (Mac)
Vertrex 4 256GB (Win)
Seagate Barracuda 3TB (Backup)
MSI Radeon HD6870 1GB
TP-Link Wifi Adapter TL-WDN4800

Have anyone experience the same issues?

Problem Solved!

One of the four memory modules wasn't working properly and for some reason the OSX and Linux operating systems where never affected by the kind of errors that this faulty memory was producing but Windows 7 and 8 on the other hand where extremely susceptible to this issue even during the installation process.

I run a dedicated memory test to each module and once I removed the faulty one all errors from Windows 7 where gone. 100% Error Free Windows.

Symptoms:

1) Error Expanding files during the installation no mater what type of media USB or DVD you use for installation.
2) Sometimes Windows OS is unable to load some drivers at start up.
3) Random Crashes.
4) Frequent Boot Loops

I never consider to test extensively the memory because the other operating systems that run on the same machine where 100% error free but....

Now You Know! some kinds of faulty memory modules could affect significantly only one OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back