NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2048 MB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,
My problem is that i have a dual boot system, one Windows 7 Ultimate, and the other Mountain lion, and the time on the Windows side keeps changing! When i boot into Mountain lion, it has the correct time, but on windows, every time i shut down/restart, it has the incorrect time.

MOBO: GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU: i5 3570k
GPU: 660ti GIGABYTE

If anyone has any suggestions, let me know.

In Windows, open regedit, and go to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation",
add a DWORD there, name it to "RealTimeIsUniversal", and set the value to 1. Reboot to OSX, set the time, reboot to windows, and now it should be good.

(edit: don't know why the forum puts a space in the control word, it should be without space)

In Windows, open regedit, and go to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation",
add a DWORD there, name it to "RealTimeIsUniversal", and set the value to 1. Reboot to OSX, set the time, reboot to windows, and now it should be good.

(edit: don't know why the forum puts a space in the control word, it should be without space)

Works like a charm! :thumbup:

This behavior is because Windows 7 wants to use local time and OS X wants to use UTC. To fix this problem:

1. Boot Windows

2. Click Start -->type regedit in the 'Search Programs and Files' box. Click on regedit.exe in the box above that appears. Type in passward if popup appears and asks for one. When the "Do you want to allow this program to change your machine" box pops up click yes.

3. The Windows Registry Editor should pop up.
Navigate within the explorer to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation

4. Click on the TimeZoneInformation "folder" from the navigation pane if you haven't already done so.

5. This assumes the correct key doesn't exist. If it does, you will just change the existing key's value: Right click on the white space within the folder (If you don't have a right mouse button, you may need to download a program called applemouse to emulate the "control-click" of the apple 1-button mouse).
Select new --> DWORD Value. Title the key "RealTimeIsUniversal" (No quotes). Set the value to "1" (No quotes again).

6. Either reboot and set the clock in MacOS or set the clock in Windows. You should now be able to reboot into either OS and have a correct clock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back