ASUS GT 640
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

I did a successful installation of Mountian Lion on a separate HD, unplugging my Windows 7 partition drive for install.

After reconnecting the sata ports, I have the chimera screen with many options when i hit a key.

When I select the System Reserved W7 icon, W7 loads but after 5 seconds it reboots itself back to the chimera screen.

Anyone have an idea ?

Thanks

Hi all,

I did a successful installation of Mountian Lion on a separate HD, unplugging my Windows 7 partition drive for install.

After reconnecting the sata ports, I have the chimera screen with many options when i hit a key.

When I select the System Reserved W7 icon, W7 loads but after 5 seconds it reboots itself back to the chimera screen.

Anyone have an idea ?

Thanks
In the process of installing OS X, did you change the SATA mode setting in BIOS from what it was when you installed Windows?
What happens if you disconnect the OS X drive and try to boot Windows? Will it boot if you change BIOS SATA mode to IDE?

Hi,

Before installing OSX, I put BIOS satA mode to AHCI (previously IDE).

When all disks plugged in, on Chimera screen and when I choose System reserved NTFS (the W7 boot partition) the windows logo with black screen appears (loading) and then the display shuts and the computer reboots.

When I unplug the OSX drive, same thing happens: Windows loads a few seconds and then reboots...

I tried windows repair and restore options (directly from the hard drive options when something wrong happens) but the restore isn't succesful and the repair says it doesnt find errors...Strange.

When I log to OSX (with all W7 drives connected) it can see the W7 drives and the System reserved drives folder disk which is empty btw (maybe hidden files ?). I have access to files (can read but cannot write).

I didnt tried to put Sata mode back to IDE, if I do so, OSX wont be able to boot right ?

i'll try to reinstall (without formating) using a W7 DVD or making a DVD restore Boot. I'll keep you informed :)

Hi,

Before installing OSX, I put BIOS satA mode to AHCI (previously IDE).

When all disks plugged in, on Chimera screen and when I choose System reserved NTFS (the W7 boot partition) the windows logo with black screen appears (loading) and then the display shuts and the computer reboots.

When I unplug the OSX drive, same thing happens: Windows loads a few seconds and then reboots...

I tried windows repair and restore options (directly from the hard drive options when something wrong happens) but the restore isn't succesful and the repair says it doesnt find errors...Strange.

When I log to OSX (with all W7 drives connected) it can see the W7 drives and the System reserved drives folder disk which is empty btw (maybe hidden files ?). I have access to files (can read but cannot write).

I didnt tried to put Sata mode back to IDE, if I do so, OSX wont be able to boot right ?

i'll try to reinstall (without formating) using a W7 DVD or making a DVD restore Boot. I'll keep you informed :)

What you need to do is to disconnect the OS X drive, reset the BIOS to IDE and boot Windows. Enable AHCI in Windows - see http://www.tonymacx86.com/snow-leop...6-how-enable-ahci-windows-7-post-install.html reboot to BIOS and change SATA mode to AHCI, save&exit. When win7 finishes booting, shutdown, reconnect OS X drive, boot to BIOS and make OS X drive first in boot order, save&exit and continue boot.
Problem should be solved.

Works like a charm :)

Thank you :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back