Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,

I'm new to the Hackintosh world but I'm very interested in having the OS X on board.

My motherboard is the
GA-Z87X-UD5H.

I already have Windows 8 installed on an SSD but I'm planning to install Mavericks on my second SSD.

How do I install Mavericks on my second SSD? Do I follow the steps mentioned in Unibeast 3.0.0 post? How to dual boot? Do I need additional software.

I just downloaded the OS X Mavericks from App store and I'm looking forward for your guidance.

Thank you

Hello,

I'm new to the Hackintosh world but I'm very interested in having the OS X on board.

My motherboard is the
GA-Z87X-UD5H.

I already have Windows 8 installed on an SSD but I'm planning to install Mavericks on my second SSD.

How do I install Mavericks on my second SSD? Do I follow the steps mentioned in Unibeast 3.0.0 post? How to dual boot? Do I need additional software.

I just downloaded the OS X Mavericks from App store and I'm looking forward for your guidance.

Thank you

You can search the forums for your particular board for installation tips. If I remember correctly that board is on the Mac Buyers Guide so its very compatible with OSX . As for installing on your separate SSD this is the best option for dual booting with Windows is having them separated. Just unplug your Windows Drive to be sure you don't screw anything up. Follow the Mavericks installation guide here its pretty straight forward http://www.tonymacx86.com/374-unibeast-install-os-x-mavericks-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you.

Do I need to download Chimera?

You can install Chimera if you want during the MultiBeast step (you don't have to download it separately, it should be under bootloaders) . It's just a different boot loader. I'm not sure, but I think the default one is chameleon, but I've always used Chimera. If you do, use 2.2.1

Thank you.

Do I need to download Chimera?

Also, the type of graphics card you are having can pose issues for installation. If you are using a 6xx Nvidia Card you shouldn't have any issues. If you are using a 5xx Nvidia card, you might want GraphicsEnabler=Yes to solve some problems. If you are using an AMD card do a search on the forum and someone might have a solution for it, but Mavericks is very new and not many people are updated yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back