Contribute
Register

Will the System Boot Smoothly with a New but slightly different Gigabyte Z390 Board?

I came back home late today, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to configure this USB tonight. I need to read up on it a bit. Thanks to Edhawk and Feartech for all the hints; it's been a while since I had to tinker with my Hackintosh, and I've fallen out of practice.

I didn't know that all it I need to do is add the agdpmod=pikera argument , and it would work (simple), but why then I couldn't install Catalina (using RX 5700 XT) from the USB where I had added the agdpmod=pikera?

ok 2:32am going to sleep but I mapped the USB ports, and all 15 of them are working correctly. The only thing I'm not sure about is if I add the full path to USBPorts.kext in config.plist, (which is Contents/macOS/USBPorts) OS doesn't load and throws an error...
IMG_0046.JPG

Of course, its right because the folder Contents doesn't contain /macOS/USBPorts

IMG_0047.JPG

So if I remove this input from config.plist, the OS loads, and all the ports work as they should.

IMG_0043.JPG

I'm counting on your comment on this.

When its removed all ports works perfectly fine...
IMG_0048.JPG

Since I have configured USB ports and still don't have WiFi or Bluetooth, could you guide me on a path that will allow me to install them correctly?

I read that I can only do this with Itlwm and heliport which I would like to avoid. In my previous Multibeast configuration, WiFi and Bluetooth worked but intermittently. AirportItlwm only works when SecureBootModel is either set to Default or some other valid value, can't be disabled. In my case is disabled otherwise it will not boot up.

Oh, after mapping the ports, Sleep mode stopped working, I did everything 100% correctly; it worked before.

Last edited:
ok 2:32am going to sleep but I mapped the USB ports, and all 15 of them are working correctly. The only thing I'm not sure about is if I add the full path to USBPorts.kext in config.plist, (which is Contents/macOS/USBPorts) OS doesn't load and throws an error...
View attachment 572465

Of course, its right because the folder Contents doesn't contain /macOS/USBPorts

View attachment 572466

So if I remove this input from config.plist, the OS loads, and all the ports work as they should.

View attachment 572467
I'm counting on your comment on this.

When its removed all ports works perfectly fine...
View attachment 572468
Since I have configured USB ports and still don't have WiFi or Bluetooth, could you guide me on a path that will allow me to install them correctly?

I read that I can only do this with Itlwm and heliport which I would like to avoid. In my previous Multibeast configuration, WiFi and Bluetooth worked but intermittently. AirportItlwm only works when SecureBootModel is either set to Default or some other valid value, can't be disabled. In my case is disabled otherwise it will not boot up.

Oh, after mapping the ports, Sleep mode stopped working, I did everything 100% correctly; it worked before.
best to remove SS06

no internal wifi?

needs to be removed:
Contents/macOS/USBPorts
as there is no ExecutablePath

The USBPorts.kext provides an Info.plist, not an executable. So there is no ExecutablePath for this kext.

Don't add things that aren't necessary for any of the kexts in your OC Kexts folder. That is only going to lead to issues when trying to boot the system.
  1. Do any of the USB ports activated in your USBPorts.kext relate to the Type-C port on the rear I/O plate?
  2. Do any of the USB ports activated in your USBPorts.kext relate to the 4 x physical USB2 ports on the rear I/O plate, HS04 for example?
If you answered yes to either question then your USBPort.kext is not set correctly and needs more work before you use it.
  • Physical USB2 ports are always set with connector type 'USB2' (0), i.e. the 4-port USB2 hub.
  • The Type-C port(s) (Physical and virtual) on there rear I/O plate should be set with connector type 'type-c+sw' (9), not USB3 (3).
  • If you are using the internal Type-C header then this will probably need to be set with connector type 'type-c' (10) and you will need to find 4 x ports that work via this header.
  • Any front case USB2 ports served from a motherboard header should be set with connector type 'Internal' (255).
  • Same goes for any Bluetooth module served from a motherboard header, it too should be set with connector type 'Internal' (255).

1. Do any of the USB ports activated in your USBPorts.kext relate to the Type-C port on the rear I/O plate? Yes, SS06, I can remove it but then USB-C on the rear I/O plate won't work.
  2. Do any of the USB ports activated in your USBPorts.kext relate to the 4 x physical USB2 ports on the rear I/O plate, HS04 for example? No, it doesn't relate to the 4 x physical USB2 ports on the rear I/O plate. To HS04 is connected one USB2 cable from rear plate of Samsung monitor USB HUB (4-port USB2 hub)
  • "Physical USB2 ports are always set with connector type 'USB2' (0), i.e. the 4-port USB2 hub.
  • The Type-C port(s) (Physical and virtual) on there rear I/O plate should be set with connector type 'type-c+sw' (9), not USB3 (3).
  • If you are using the internal Type-C header then this will probably need to be set with connector type 'type-c' (10) and you will need to find 4 x ports that work via this header.
  • Any front case USB2 ports served from a motherboard header should be set with connector type 'Internal' (255).
  • Same goes for any Bluetooth module served from a motherboard header, it too should be set with connector type 'Internal' (255)."

I don't understand that part. Could you pls explain this to me in an easier way or provide some specific steps/guide I should follow to fix this?

No, I can’t explain this in another way that is easier to understand.

If you don’t understand what I wrote then it is hardly surprising that your USBPorts.kext is set incorrectly.

I read it again, and it actually makes sense, but I didn't know that in the 'connector' section, I have a drop-down menu to use. It was very late last night or rather early in the morning, so I might not have understood what you wrote.

I have all 15 ports that I want to use USB3, two blue ones on the front panel of the case, two yellow and 3 red ones on the rear I/O panel, plus USB-C. There are also 4xUSB2 in black on the rear I/O panel but...when I configured the ports with all ports enabled (XhciPortLimit and USBInjectAll.kext), I connected a USB2 or USB3 device to the four black ports and it didn't detect them at all in Hackintool, as if I hadn't connected anything.

In that case, shouldn't I have all of them set to USB3 and one USB-C as type-c+sw in Hackintool?"

Can you elaborate a bit more on this "Same goes for any Bluetooth module served from a motherboard header, it too should be set with connector type 'Internal' "

Last edited:
I reconfigured the USB ports again. Now, all USB ports work, and I finally have Bluetooth working too.

Screen Shot 2023-10-04 at 4.21.50 am.png

Any hints on how to get the WiFi working now? I can't use AirportItlwm with SecureBootModel=Disabled.
In reality, I don't really need to have WiFi on this Hackintosh, but it would just be a full success if everything would work.

Still looks wrong, as you have a maximum of 4 x physical USB2 Type-A ports on the motherboard. So you shouldn’t have 5 x ports set with USB2 connector type.

Above you said the 4 x USB2 ports (black coloured tang) don’t show in Hackintool. So I can only assume the 5 x ports set as USB2 are in fact virtual USB2 ports served from the 5 x physical USB3 ports. That being the case they should all be set with connector type USB3, to match the physical aspect of the parent port.

Back