Contribute
Register

WiFi not Working - Please help

Understood, but there has to be a bootloader somewhere for your hack to even start. Like I mentioned previously the booting EFI can be in two locations. Perhaps your is in the root of the main drive area, not the EFI partition?

As @Feartech tech points out, there's nothing that would boot your PC in the EFI zip.
Do you mean this level? That's what's there:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-06-07 at 5.18.19 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-06-07 at 5.18.19 PM.png
    375.9 KB · Views: 20
Understood, but there has to be a bootloader somewhere for your hack to even start. Like I mentioned previously the booting EFI can be in two locations. Perhaps your is in the root of the main drive area, not the EFI partition?

As @Feartech tech points out, there's nothing that would boot your PC in the EFI zip.
This is the main drive. That's all that is there. Is that the path you meant?

This is the main drive. That's all that is there. Is that the path you meant?

Yes.

If memory serves me that "Extra" folder reminds me of the old Chimera bootloader. If that is the case you need to upgrade to the Clover bootloader or even better, OpenCore.

That means a bit of learning on your part. Search our site for an H97 / Z97 build and check their EFI folders for tips.

I'm not at my PC right now. I'll check myself later when I'm back.

Unless someone else gets here first! :)

Last edited:
Yes.

If memory serves me that "Extra" folder reminds me of the old Chimera bootloader. If that is the case you need to upgrade to the Clover bootloader or even better, OpenCore.

That means a bit of learning on your part. Search our site for an H97 / Z97 build and check their EFI folders for tips.

I'm not at my PC right now. I'll check myself later when I'm back.

Unless someone else gets here first! :)
Would those work in Yosemite? I would need to stay on Yosemite as I have some applications that won't open beyond that OS. Thanks.

Would those work in Yosemite? I would need to stay on Yosemite as I have some applications that won't open beyond that OS. Thanks.
also test your wifi in windows or linux to make sure the card works fine

As @Feartech asked in post no.2 of this thread, we don't know enough to get your wireless working. We don't know what make or type it is so are in the dark.

As for the bootloader. Chimera or Chameleon used to be the default for Yosemite. Clover and OpenCore will work but special attention needs to made to make sure.

The earliest macOS I've used with OpenCore so far is El Capitan, sorry.

also test your wifi in windows or linux to make sure the card works fine
Do you think it could be the card although it's recognizing the network? It just doesn't connect when I select it.

Do you think it could be the card although it's recognizing the network? It just doesn't connect when I select it.
which is why I asked you to test in windows or linux so you know if it is a hardware issue or not

which is why I asked you to test in windows or linux so you know if it is a hardware issue or not
I don't have Windows or Linux, but do you think it might be worth it to purchase a usb wifi antenna and see if that fixes my hack? If it didn't work I would return it. Is there one you recommend?

I don't have Windows or Linux, but do you think it might be worth it to purchase a usb wifi antenna and see if that fixes my hack? If it didn't work I would return it. Is there one you recommend?
easy enough to create a linux usb stick, boot from it and choose the option to try linux, reach the desktop and test wifi

Back