WiFi not Working - Please help

Motherboard
GA H97M-D3H
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
The WiFi on my build suddenly stopped working. The diamond is greyed out and doesn't allow me to select a network. The network is recognized, but it doesn't take. At first, the prompt in Preferences/Network would say that WiFi is on, but 'No Network Selected.' Following some advice, I deleted these files:
/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/ directory and remove the following files:
  • com.apple.airport.preferences.plist
  • com.apple.network.identification.plist
  • NetworkInterfaces.plist
This action deleted the Bluetooth option from the Preferences/Network window, which means I can't create a Bluetooth connection, which is not important right now. I only mentioned it to detail what happened. As for the Wifi, now it gets me as far as asking for a password when I select my network, but then it times out and doesn't connect.

The modem and router are working fine on other systems. It's only the build that's freaking out. I would think that because the network name appears in the window, the computer is at least recognizing it. But it doesn't allow me to connect. Would appreciate any help. Thanks.

The WiFi on my build suddenly stopped working. The diamond is greyed out and doesn't allow me to select a network. The network is recognized, but it doesn't take. At first, the prompt in Preferences/Network would say that WiFi is on, but 'No Network Selected.' Following some advice, I deleted these files:
/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/ directory and remove the following files:
  • com.apple.airport.preferences.plist
  • com.apple.network.identification.plist
  • NetworkInterfaces.plist
This action deleted the Bluetooth option from the Preferences/Network window, which means I can't create a Bluetooth connection, which is not important right now. I only mentioned it to detail what happened. As for the Wifi, now it gets me as far as asking for a password when I select my network, but then it times out and doesn't connect.

The modem and router are working fine on other systems. It's only the build that's freaking out. I would think that because the network name appears in the window, the computer is at least recognizing it. But it doesn't allow me to connect. Would appreciate any help. Thanks.
""
best to upload your zipped EFI

mention the make and model of your wifi and what version of macOS you are running

best to upload your zipped EFI

mention the make and model of your wifi and what version of macOS you are running
It's a very old build, still running Yosemite. Not sure what you mean y zipped EFI. I'll gladly do if but I don't know how. Sorry, I built this myself years ago but haven't kept up with all the terms.

It's a very old build, still running Yosemite. Not sure what you mean y zipped EFI. I'll gladly do if but I don't know how. Sorry, I built this myself years ago but haven't kept up with all the terms.

Your EFI folder is the place where you put the original configuration you made when you built your hack'. It's either a folder in the root directory of your main disk drive (legacy build) or it's stored in the hidden EFI partition on your main drive (UEFI build).

Doesn't matter if it is Clover or OpenCore. Create a zip file with the EFI folder in and attach it to a post so we can check it for you.

:)

Your EFI folder is the place where you put the original configuration you made when you built your hack'. It's either a folder in the root directory of your main disk drive (legacy build) or it's stored in the hidden EFI partition on your main drive (UEFI build).

Doesn't matter if it is Clover or OpenCore. Create a zip file with the EFI folder in and attach it to a post so we can check it for you.

It appears there's two EFI files on my build as seen in the image below. Do you think they're the same file? Should I zip them both and post here, or just one?

Attachments

• EFI Files Screenshot.png
    EFI Files Screenshot.png
    78.2 KB · Views: 18
It appears there's two EFI files on my build as seen in the image below. Do you think they're the same file? Should I zip them both and post here, or just one?
maybe disk0 ?

Here's the zipped EFI folder. It's one of three found on my computer. They were all the same size, so I imagine they're the same, but not sure. I'm uploading the EFI from disk0 as suggested be Feartech. Thanks.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    13.8 MB · Views: 20
Here's the zipped EFI folder. It's one of three found on my computer. They were all the same size, so I imagine they're the same, but not sure. I'm uploading the EFI from disk0 as suggested be Feartech. Thanks.
no, there is no hackintosh bootloader in that one

Turns out the other two EFI folders are empty. Disk0 EFI is the only one that had any content.

Understood, but there has to be a bootloader somewhere for your hack to even start. Like I mentioned previously the booting EFI can be in two locations. Perhaps your is in the root of the main drive area, not the EFI partition?

As @Feartech tech points out, there's nothing that would boot your PC in the EFI zip.

Back