Motherboard
Dell Inspiron 14r
CPU
i7 4500u
Graphics
HD4400 + GT 740m
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
After installing Yosemite on my Inspiron 14r, I'm not being able to get the wifi or ethernet working on it, tried some kexts with multibeast, but without sucess. The laptop has a wifi toogler (pressing the function and f2 keys at the same time), but it doesn't seem to be working(the wireless led indicator doesn't turn on). Any help is appreciated.

After installing Yosemite on my Inspiron 14r, I'm not being able to get the wifi or ethernet working on it, tried some kexts with multibeast, but without sucess. The laptop has a wifi toogler (pressing the function and f2 keys at the same time), but it doesn't seem to be working(the wireless led indicator doesn't turn on). Any help is appreciated.

WiFi: Depends on having compatible hardware. Use DPCIManager->PCI List to find out what you have. Compatible chipsets and the procedures for making them work are covered here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html

Ethernet: What Ethernet chipset do you have? Use DPCIManager->PCIList to find out.

Looks like my wireless adapter isn't supported, Qualcomm Atheros AR9565.

And my Ethernet controller is a Realtek RTL8101E/RTL8102E

Hey man, will the AR9280 work out of the box? Because im thinking about buying it.

Hey man, will the AR9280 work out of the box? Because im thinking about buying it.

Yes, if you had read at the link provided in post #2, you would already know this.

Just being sure. Will try the Ethernet fix as soon as I get home.

Says cable unplugged even though it is. I don't remember being this hard just to setup Ethernet...

Says cable unplugged even though it is. I don't remember being this hard just to setup Ethernet...

Make sure you removed any other Ethernet drivers you may have installed prior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back