Contribute
Register

Wi-Fi: Works after holding Wi-Fi button for 5secs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, now both OS X and windows see that the card is there. When I try to connect to my network it doesn't see it.(by specifying manually or browsing.

That command you gave me now returns something.

"compatible" = <"pci106b,8f","pci168c,2a","pciclass,028000">

I have tried pushing the wifi button and holding it for 5 seconds and many other variations in both windows and OS X. It never turns white and I never see any networks.

Ok, now both OS X and windows see that the card is there. When I try to connect to my network it doesn't see it.(by specifying manually or browsing.

That command you gave me now returns something.

I have tried pushing the wifi button and holding it for 5 seconds and many other variations in both windows and OS X. It never turns white and I never see any networks.
I wouldn't worry about white light as it's not always reliable. Press the WiFi button only for 0.5 second to turn it on and off. Open System Preferences-> Network and see if you can add WiFi using + sign

I think dsdt patch might skewing results I'm looking for. Can you tell me what do you see in Windows Device Manager for Hardware ids, specifically SUBSYS string
Here's my screenshot for comparison

wifi.png

It's working now! For some reason I think some of my bios settings were jacked. I restored the default bios settings, then just changed the things I knew I wanted different. (I got that idea from a thread where someone else was having similar issues).

Than you for your help BigDonkey.

So far it seems like I need to hit enter on boot up to get past the "wireless module not supported" prompt and push the wifi button to enable it each time on boot(once in OS X). I'm guessing there is no way to get around either of these things? I can live with them both, but just asking.

I

So far it seems like I need to hit enter on boot up to get past the "wireless module not supported" prompt and push the wifi button to enable it each time on boot(once in OS X). I'm guessing there is no way to get around either of these things? I can live with them both, but just asking.
That would require modifying BIOS protected by RSA encryption. Not possible to my knowledge.
Easier just to get another $10 card from different seller.

The seller I bought from actually sold me the wrong card at first :rolleyes:. It was the Intel card for ProBook, rather than an Atheros. So I contacted him and he sent me the right card. We replaced the card a few days after I got the new one. According to various other hackintosh sites that rely more upon Distros, that card could have worked with some kexts made for ML. My Atheros is still working fine thanks to the fanreset tweak from BigDonkey. :thumbup: On Mac: Upon fresh boot, the card appears to be on in ML, however I have to wait 20-60 seconds until it detects my network. Not complaining though. On Windows: I have to hold the button down twice. Once longer, then again for a very short time. Then the light comes on and it works. It's an HP card, though it just seems my ProBook was locked to that Realtek I had.

My Atheros is still working fine thanks to the fanreset tweak from BigDonkey
Actually, I extracted file from latest Installer because jthemenace hasn't upgraded yet. Those running version 6 should be fine if running card made for other laptops.

Hey, BUMP! Mac will no longer find any networks. I've tried clean boots, clean reboots, and coming from Windows in Hibernate mode. Mac no longer sees my networks or neighbors'. WiFi turns on and off, but doesn't work. Any suggestions?

Hey, BUMP! Mac will no longer find any networks. I've tried clean boots, clean reboots, and coming from Windows in Hibernate mode. Mac no longer sees my networks or neighbors'. WiFi turns on and off, but doesn't work. Any suggestions?

Did you tried to reset your BIOS?

Also, my Atheros card from Ebay arrived today (took 1 month to came from china to brazil). Thank you guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back