Contribute
Register

Wi-Fi: Works after holding Wi-Fi button for 5secs

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the card got here today, and i plugged it in. Aaaaaaaaand, Mac, Ubuntu, and Windows all recognize the bluetooth. None recognize the WiFi. So, after trying some other stuff, I installed that fanreset.dylib you made, Rehabman. Now, Mac, Windows, and Ubuntu all recognize the WiFi card part, though Mac seems to have trouble with the bluetooth part. But no networks show up on Mac and Windows, and Ubuntu can't turn the card on!

So the card got here today, and i plugged it in. Aaaaaaaaand, Mac, Ubuntu, and Windows all recognize the bluetooth. None recognize the WiFi. So, after trying some other stuff, I installed that fanreset.dylib you made, Rehabman. Now, Mac, Windows, and Ubuntu all recognize the WiFi card part, though Mac seems to have trouble with the bluetooth part. But no networks show up on Mac and Windows, and Ubuntu can't turn the card on!

Make sure you have it enabled in BIOS.

You bought a non-HP branded card, and normally this card would not work at all. But there is a little hack that I put in Fanreset.dylib that runs when your computer boots to Chimera, that enables this PCI card even though the BIOS has thrown it in the trash...

Evidently for the card you have, it works, but not 100%, because I think normally it would turn on by itself without the button press.

The little hack, by the way, is this one line of code:
*((unsigned char*)0xFED1F41A) &= (unsigned char)((1 << 3) ^ 0xFF);

I'm still running mountain lion on my hp probook 4530s. I'm been thinking about upgrading to Mavericks, but I'm wondering if this Fanreset.dylib tweak is still in place/will work with Mavericks. Can anyone confirm that for me?(I'm still running a wi-fi card that is not white listed, but is currently working with the little hack RehabMan refers to)

I'm still running mountain lion on my hp probook 4530s. I'm been thinking about upgrading to Mavericks, but I'm wondering if this Fanreset.dylib tweak is still in place/will work with Mavericks. Can anyone confirm that for me?(I'm still running a wi-fi card that is not white listed, but is currently working with the little hack RehabMan refers to)

The Fanreset.dylib hack is not specific to versions OS X. In fact, it even works for Windows/Linux/etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back