Contribute
Register

Wi-Fi appears and connects in Install and Recovery Mode. But not after boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS X79 Deluxe LGA 2011
CPU
i7-4930K
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 980 Windforce
Hi everyone.

I've been reading a lot about the dozens of wi-fi problems people are dealing with, but I haven't come across any mention of the problem I am having.

I have a TP-Link Archer T6E wi-fi card. I began my first hackintosh install a few days ago using the guide for installing a fresh version of Sierra. I downloaded the latest version from the App Store as per the instructions in the guide (10.12.1).

As I am following the steps during the installation process, I can see that the wi-fi is being recognized as the icon appears in the upper right corner of the screen and is connected to my 5Ghz network. It also appears and connects when I boot into the Sierra Recovery mode. However, after completing the install, running Multibeast with UEFI Boot mode from the Quick Setup tab, and booting into Sierra proper, there is no wi-fi hardware found and nothing available to add in the network preference pane.

I have my boot flags set to: -v dart=0 npci=0x3000

I had heard this wi-fi card should theoretically work out of the box, and I was encouraged to see it be recognized right away during the install and recovery modes. Am I missing an additional step to get the card to be recognized after a normal boot?

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I believe my wi-fi Device ID is 14E4:43A0. This one wasn't on the list from another post showing the IDs that weren't working in Sierra.

I am using the latest version of Unibeast and Multibeast. Here are my hardware specs.

ASUS X79 Deluxe
i7-4930K
EVGA GTX 770
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 (4x8GB)
Samsung EVO 850 500GB

I really appreciate your help and hard work. Thank you!
Ryan

Last edited:
Hi, did you ever find a solution to this problem? I have the same wifi card but didn't install it until after my build was done as the card wasn't available as I was doing the build. Whatever I do I can't get the OS to recognize the card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back