Contribute
Register

White screen on Imac 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
The link tells you that your Mac is too old to run that version of diagnostics.

Boot in recovery mode and reinstall the OS without formatting the SSD.
Recovery mode also led to a white screen

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 90
Recovery mode also led to a white screen

Restart your Mac and as soon as it starts to boot, press Command-V (If your Mac plays a startup chime, press Command-V as soon as you hear it).

Post a picture of any displayed text.

Restart your Mac and as soon as it starts to boot, press Command-V (If your Mac plays a startup chime, press Command-V as soon as you hear it).

Post a picture of any displayed text.
The text goes to fast to read as the white screen comes straight away

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 140
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 133
And if i hold alt and press the specific start up disk it will stay on the apple screen practically forever( i left it overnight)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 70
No more ideas then.
My instinct is that you have a hardware problem but impossible to diagnose with so little information.

As I said before, this is not an Apple support forum.

IDK if it's a part of the problem you are having but these older iMacs with AMD graphics (MXM) cards are notorious for problems. Many failed long before they should have. Watch the following video to learn more about some issues with the 6970M card that you have in yours.

No more ideas then.
My instinct is that you have a hardware problem but impossible to diagnose with so little information.

As I said before, this is not an Apple support forum.
If you have anymore questions about it please ask i’ll answer to best of my ability Thanks for the help though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back