Contribute
Register

White screen on Imac 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
To quote another Internet resource for repairing Firmware on an iMac:

"Press the power button, and as soon as you power up the laptop, iMac, hold down Command-Option-P-R. Keep holding down those keys for about 20 seconds."
Yes i tried that to before and again now, it just increases the brightness and volume back to high but issue of not loading and white screen still there

Can you forward me to them becaus ei myself have never heard of it
The best deal right now without breaking the bank is one of these:

It should cost less than trying to repair the old iMac. You can even connect a 4K monitor to it to get that Retina like iMac experience. Also use your existing SSD if you want to. You won't be stuck on High Sierra for the long term either.

Last edited:
Yes i tried that to before and again now, it just increases the brightness and volume back to high but issue of not loading and white screen still there

Okay. Sorry to read that. I'm out of ideas. My own iMac could be brought back to life by either resetting PRAM or re-installing using a properly built createinstallmedia boot-stick. As neither will work for you, I am not sure I can offer any further suggestions.

Oh, apart from cutting your losses and joining the Hackintosh club as @trs96 suggests!

@Alent if you are new to computer repair, you may just want to cut your losses. Otherwise, dig into it, read a lot of posts on other sites that deal specifically with the 2009-2011 graphics card replacements, and make an adventure of it. I am currently typing this on my 2011 27" iMac, with upgraded Xeon processor and WX4150 GPU with 4GB. Technically it is an apple machine, but with the replacement GPU it results in a black screen, so OpenCore 0.73 is utilized to get a boot picker and add the necessary tweaks to make it considered a Hackintosh. It does run Big Sur, but I have a lot of legacy apps that I like to run on High Sierra.

Screen Shot 2022-03-01 at 7.39.32 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-03-01 at 7.30.24 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-03-01 at 7.33.04 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-03-01 at 7.32.46 PM.png

BigSurUp.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back