Contribute
Register

Which is the correct SMBIOS for Catalina + Sandy Bridge + RX580 using Clover?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z68MX-UD2H-Clover
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
RX 580
Hi everybody!
I have been using iMac 14,2 for over a year, but could never generate an SSDT because Piker Alpha's ssdtPRGen script gave me a "board-id not supported by Sandy Bridge" error. Recently, when helping me troubleshoot Bluetooth issues, Edhawk suggested that I was using the wrong SMBIOS. I have now changed it to MacPro6,1. Everything seems to be working allright, but the SSDT script still gives me the same error.
¿Should I use another SMBIOS for my config? ¿If I am using the correct one, do I have any other option to create a proper SSDT?

My system:
i7 2600k
Z68MX-UD2H-B3
Gigabyte RX580
Clover 5103
Catalina 10.15.7

Thank you very much!

Hi everybody!
I have been using iMac 14,2 for over a year, but could never generate an SSDT because Piker Alpha's ssdtPRGen script gave me a "board-id not supported by Sandy Bridge" error. Recently, when helping me troubleshoot Bluetooth issues, Edhawk suggested that I was using the wrong SMBIOS. I have now changed it to MacPro6,1. Everything seems to be working allright, but the SSDT script still gives me the same error.
¿Should I use another SMBIOS for my config? ¿If I am using the correct one, do I have any other option to create a proper SSDT?

My system:
i7 2600k
Z68MX-UD2H-B3
Gigabyte RX580
Clover 5103
Catalina 10.15.7

Thank you very much!
Hi there,

If you're wanting to upgrade the system, you could actually try to use SMBIOS iMac19,1 (recommended for Big Sur) and add -no_compat_check for the boot-args to see if it boots and doesn't detect the Sandy Bridge error. Alternatively to create an SSDT you probably need to do it in Windows with SSDTTime.

I'd suggest to use a test USB stick to try this - boot with a test EFI USB, and then select the working drive from that at boot.

You could also do a resetNVRAM and run your original EFI again just to be sure that wasn't causing the issue of not recognising the SMBIOS change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back