Gigabyte GA-Gaming B8
CPU
Intel Core i3 7100
Graphics
Nvidia GeForce GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
I'm hoping to use 2 of these 27" monitors from monoprice: http://bit.ly/1dyxjDO

I suspect I'll need to upgrade my video card from my current AMD Radeon HD 6850 (1GB).

Right now I'm running 2 x 24" but I had to use the onboard intel video (3000 I think) for one because I couldn't get both outputs working on my graphics card (using any combination of dvi + dvi, dvi + hdmi, or div + vga). This setup is a bit flaky and my onboard driven monitor sometimes flakes out and loses it's resolution setting and does strange clipping, so I'd prefer to drive both monitors from the card, especially as I step up to a 2560x1440 resolution on each monitor.

Current Specs:
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3
Graphics Card: MSI R6850 CYCLONE PE HD6850 1G

Any suggestions for a video card with a working 2 x DVI out? Or insight to get my 6850 2 x DVI out working?

Almost any modern video card will have dual DVI connections. Look on the buying guide for the recommended ones. Also, depending on what you do on your system, we can suggest a better one. If you don't plan to do some production work then a 760 is overkill for you. You might want to look at the older generation 600 series nvidia 660 has two native DVI ports that would easily handle most things you throw at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back