Contribute
Register

Where to find a GA-H67N-USB3-B3 board?

Status
Not open for further replies.
2105 it is then and thanks I didn't know about the Ivy Bridge. I'll definitely wait now.

Just FYI, I contacted Gigabyte Sales & Marketing and indeed the board is discontinued. Below was their response.

Dear Customer,

I'm sorry, but this model has been discontinued production. The remaining inventory is at the retail level.

Thank you for choosing Gigabyte products

Talk about a major bummer. That board was perfect, spec wise. I passed on the H61N since I needed more than 2 SATA ports. Ended up going with an ASRock H67M-ITX board and i3-2105 processor. Lion installs and boots no problem with unibeast, but that's as far as I got with it last night. Easybeast hangs on bootup and since there's no pre-edited DSDT available, I can tell this is going to be a fun ride.

timbck2 said:
foxhndr said:
Talk about a major bummer. That board was perfect, spec wise. I passed on the H61N since I needed more than 2 SATA ports.

Oh s***. How did I overlook that particular spec on the H61N when I ordered it -- I'm going to need 3 SATA ports! (one for the SSD, one for the HD, and one for the optical)

Any suggestions on how to work around this? I won't be using the optical very often, is there a chance I can make it work on USB3 or eSATA with Lion?

Use USB optical

foxhndr said:
Just FYI, I contacted Gigabyte Sales & Marketing and indeed the board is discontinued. Below was their response.

Dear Customer,

I'm sorry, but this model has been discontinued production. The remaining inventory is at the retail level.

Thank you for choosing Gigabyte products

Talk about a major bummer. That board was perfect, spec wise. I passed on the H61N since I needed more than 2 SATA ports. Ended up going with an ASRock H67M-ITX board and i3-2105 processor. Lion installs and boots no problem with unibeast, but that's as far as I got with it last night. Easybeast hangs on bootup and since there's no pre-edited DSDT available, I can tell this is going to be a fun ride.

Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong section, but just an FYI update for anyone wondering about the ASRock H67M-ITX as a mini itx alternative. Spent a couple hours tinkering with MultiBeast settings and it now boots Lion successfully from the HDD. Onboard ethernet and onboard Intel HD 3000 graphics over HDMI are both working. This was a Unibeast + Lion USB + MultiBeast/EasyBeast installation. Audio is next on the list. It is definitely showing some potential. :)

timbck2 said:
Is there any chance eSATA optical would work? If not, I'll cancel the H61N and go with a microATX solution (though I'd really like the more compact box).

Edit: I decided an external optical drive would look cluttered and wouldn't be as fast (at least on USB) as SATA, so I canceled the H61N and miniITX case and ordered a Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 and microATX tower case.
Too late now i guess, but there are eSATA to SATA cables you could have used and just routed the cable back inside the case. I'm in the same boat and will probably do this if I pull the trigger on doing a build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back