Contribute
Register

Where to find a GA-H67N-USB3-B3 board?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It took my a while to find one GIGABYTE GA-H67N-USB3-B3 and at that location they had 4, it was a Micro Center on the East Cost and I had to have somebody get it for me as I live in AZ lol.

So your most likely not going to find them anymore and if you do they are going to want way too much for them. I suggest the replacement board for it then GIGABYTE GA-H61N-USB3

Only difference is it only has two SATA 3Gb/s ports and a DVI port where as the H67N had two SATA 3Gb/s and two SATA 6Gb/s and no DVI port.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128526

I know tony lists the alternate board, but the no sata 6gb/s is a deal breaker, i want a 6gbs ssd in there.... No usb 3 on the alternate board either is kind of a bummer

I'm in VA, all the microcenters in driving distance are sold out as well.

Hoping 2012 brings a new compatible/available mITX option with all the bells and whistles

Well, I operate a computer repair store and I can order from a supplier here in the west coast with my merchant account. The supplier do have this board in stock, but they want $197 for it. So if I do order it and resell, it would have to be over $200 in order to make some profit. So yes it is a great board with SATA 6GB, etc... Even as a merchant, I don't get a break on the pricing for this motherboard.

Even Tigerdirect has this board for $253 with ram. So even at $253, the profit margin is not that big.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications ... CatId=6982

Thanks for the offer but I'm good now. I bought the one on ebay earlier today plus I still have the one on order from Tiger Direct. Although they say delivery won't be until around 3 Feb. I won't be surprised if they end up canceling the order because they can't get them. I have a friend that will use it if it actually shows up.

If this board is so great then why has it been discontinued with no successor yet?

It was the Micro Center in Cambridge, MA that I originally ordered one from the other night. Got it for $106.xx with tax. Only place I found it online. Ordered it, got the confirmation/pick up email, later that day left work early and drove 45 min to the store to find out even though it was pulled from inventory and held in my name they sold it to someone else even though to pick it up you were to show the CC it was ordered with.

:( So what did Microcenter offer you for your trouble?

The board is a great motherboard, it sells well for a lot of vendors and such, but Gigabyte has so many motherboards that it decided to concentrate on the ATX and mATX line since those sell much better. So profit speaks in this case.

The manager told me if I chose another more expensive board he would do something for me. I went and looked and thought I might as well take advantage of the situation. I found the GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 and thought I'd just do a pro build now. It was about $160 and they were giving a $50 immediate rebate if you bought it with the processor. So that would bring it down to the price of what I was going to pay for the other board and it would be even less once he did something. Thing is I didn't really pay attention to how much the processor, i7 2600K, was thinking it couldn't be that much of a difference over the Amazon price.

Turns out it was way over... Total was coming to about $420 and that was with $50 rebate and the manager doing something. He had said it so softly at checkout I didn't hear him fully. All of a sudden I realized I was spending about $320 more then I had intended and i wasn't getting what I really wanted. So I just stopped right there and said thanks but I decided I was going to leave and see if I could find the original board I wanted which I'm glad I did now.

I just saw the Tiger Direct link you put above...... the one I ordered came bundled with 4gb of Corsair Memory for $162 and I ordered an extra stick for $24.99. Total w/s was $198 not more then 36 hours ago. I think it's the same memory but could be wrong.

Yeah I do hate it when things happen like this and I do feel for you. But I think it works out for the best now since you really got what you want.

What CPU are you pairing your system with?

Either the i3-2105 or 2125. It's all I really need for this build. I'm just looking for something to dual boot into when I start taking some ArcGIS classes soon and to test out how the whole hackintosh thing goes. I plan on doing a pro build later this year.

On that case, I recommend the 2105. Good thing you waited for the Pro build because by the end of the year there will by plenty of Ivy Bridge to go around and you will be doing it on 22nm glory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back