Status
Not open for further replies.
F72B3804-C571-4A6D-A75F-F845743FD3A2.jpeg
I got that problem too.
I have a MSI Gaming 7 z97 with a i7 4770k and a GTX 970
I tried everything....
Could you help me?
Thanks!

I had the same error and fixed it after doing the following steps. Updating the .efi probably fixed it but here's what I did all at once, so you may troubleshoot as well.

1. Replaced OsxAptioFix2Drv.efi with the latest version, which is included in link above.
2. Updated to latest afpi.efi (if you use AFPI), link here.
3. Updated to latest Clover. (From 4390 to 4392, I believe.)

Hope it helps.
works for me, thanks!

I just found a working solution for me. I found the solution here:
[Solved] Sometimes Couldn't allocate runtime area

1. Mount your EFI
2. Download this UEFI Driver
3. Replace OsxAptioFix2Drv.efi with /EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI/OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi
4. Reboot and see if it works

Now, with Clover 4380 released, they added OsxAptioFix3Drv.efi, which supports native NVRAM. I switched to version 3 for now. The error still exists in version 3, but the error message "does printf work" does show up very rarely.
Lets hope someone releases a OsxAptioFix3Drv-free2000.efi or similar.

I have the same error but running on OsxAptioFix3Drv which was already released. Also found a thread which indicated to calculate your own slide value, tried that but still from now and then I get the "does printf work?" error and have to restart. Any ideas? AFPI.efi and Clover are up to date...

Try with AptioMemoryFix instead of OsxAptioFix3Drv, you can install it from CCV. Works perfectly on my MSI board and supports native NVRAM. You may have to enable (disable?) CFG Lock in bios to unlock MSR 0xE2 or you could have issues..

Last edited:
I.m using Unibest 8.2.0 (clover 4411 with EFI) and get this problem just with -x flag. Without -x installation continue but hungs on timeout (240s) 'AppleEFIRuntime' before DSMOS has arrived ....

I will try other options

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back