Contribute
Register

When i boot does printf work? Then blank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, me too have the same problem. All was fine, just turned on today the computer and has the same problem, nothing helps.

Please from your EFI folder go into CLOVER, then drivers64UEFI subfolder and try the following it has worked perfectly for me :
Remove other OsxAptioFix files but replace with the ones OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi and this other Test2-2016.efi located in this URL EFI-X299-10.13.2-Release-121217.zip reboot and let us know. I do suspect that it is following more recent version of Clover that the message
AllocateRelocBlock Error has become Does printf work??
The link that you posted is no longer available can you repost it please.

nothing changed so far. still looking for a solution

i got the same issue. slide=0 didnt fix anything

GA h77m d3h
i5 3450
16GB Ram
No graphics card

I have the same issue... Every single forum, they are all trying the same things...

Check if your BIOS has a setting for the Top of Lower Usable RAM. I get this error if it is set to anything other than Dynamic. I also use OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi

I just found a working solution for me. I found the solution here:
[Solved] Sometimes Couldn't allocate runtime area

1. Mount your EFI
2. Download this UEFI Driver
3. Replace OsxAptioFix2Drv.efi with /EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI/OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi
4. Reboot and see if it works

Now, with Clover 4380 released, they added OsxAptioFix3Drv.efi, which supports native NVRAM. I switched to version 3 for now. The error still exists in version 3, but the error message "does printf work" does show up very rarely.
Lets hope someone releases a OsxAptioFix3Drv-free2000.efi or similar.

Last edited:
I just found a working solution for me. I found the solution here:
[Solved] Sometimes Couldn't allocate runtime area

1. Mount your EFI
2. Download this UEFI Driver
3. Replace OsxAptioFix2Drv.efi with /EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI/OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi
4. Reboot and see if it works

Now, with Clover 4380 released, they added OsxAptioFix3Drv.efi, which supports native NVRAM. I switched to version 3 for now. The error still exists in version 3, but the error message "does printf work" does show up very rarely.
Lets hope someone releases a OsxAptioFix3Drv-free2000.efi or similar.

I had the same error and fixed it after doing the following steps. Updating the .efi probably fixed it but here's what I did all at once, so you may troubleshoot as well.

1. Replaced OsxAptioFix2Drv.efi with the latest version, which is included in link above.
2. Updated to latest afpi.efi (if you use AFPI), link here.
3. Updated to latest Clover. (From 4390 to 4392, I believe.)

Hope it helps.

I had the same error and fixed it after doing the following steps. Updating the .efi probably fixed it but here's what I did all at once, so you may troubleshoot as well.

1. Replaced OsxAptioFix2Drv.efi with the latest version, which is included in link above.
2. Updated to latest afpi.efi (if you use AFPI), link here.
3. Updated to latest Clover. (From 4390 to 4392, I believe.)

Hope it helps.
Hi, i'm did it like you said and ...(foto). So can you help me?

Attachments

• w6azHjYULug.jpg
    w6azHjYULug.jpg
    344 KB · Views: 417
@Yeti2332, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

At Clover Boot Screen select Options > PCI devices > USB Ownership and USB Injection

For permanent solution check Inject USB + FixOwnership in Clover's config.plist
Code:
  <key>USB</key>
        <dict>
            <key>FixOwnership</key>
            <true/>
            <key>Inject</key>
            <true/>
        </dict>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back