Contribute
Register

What's the oldest computer you use on a regular basis?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My daily desktop is a 1.5GHz G4 mini rocking that 1 GB of memory!

SC

At home I personally use a 2.3 GHz dual core Powermac G5 about 2x a week. It was used more often as a video server for my home system, but PMS stopped supporting these models so that task went to my hackintosh. I still use this beast for editing student films for work (I still prefer the old version of iMovie), capturing streaming audio, and creating DVDs.

At work I brought in my brother's Gigabit Ethernet G4 (upgraded with a Sonnet 1.8 GHz G4 and 1.5 GB RAM). My students use it: to play Classic educational games, for word processing, to create Powerpoint presentations, for storing and editing photos, to create iMovie projects and to play music.

However my oldest in my collection is my Mac IIsi. It still freakin' works running OS 7.1. I still have 3.5" disks with games such as Shadowkeep, apps like Lotus 1-2-3, MS Word 4.0, and Hypercard. I turn it on and use it whenever I get nostalgic.

I have a Commodore Amiga 500+ here. It has 2Mb graphics memory and a further 8Mb main memory. An add on hard drive and accelerator unit (GVP A530) gives me a 52Mb hard drive and a whopping 40Mhz.

The CPU is a Motorola MC68000 running at 8Mhz.

Amazing kit :)

a G4 450 DP for iTunes and videos. Not used much, and will be evenutally be replaced with a customac running 10.6.8. I probably won't throw it out, unless it gets gutted as a case (I'd cut extra holes to let air in in the lower back, use a low powered i3-2120T to keep heat down, and use a better heat sink for the CPU, and a low powered graphics card).

Over here I have an Atari 1040STe that I still use regularly, from everything from gaming, audio applications (has built-in MIDI ports!), all the way to graphics and audio demos and C programming (this was before floating point numbers! it's nice working with only integers!)

Attachments

• Atari_1040STf.jpg
    Atari_1040STf.jpg
    850.1 KB · Views: 4,618
i have an imac g3 333hz running mac os 9 and osx tiger 512 ram

I use an OLD Compaq laptop every once in a while because its the ONLY windows machine in our house. If you make a fist, that is how thick it is. If I had to guess it probably has only 1/2 core and it is maxed out at 1 GB of ram:headbang: It does everything I want it to do perfectly, ask for more power after 18 minutes of use, become unresponsive, and burn your lap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back