Contribute
Register

What is the best SMBIOS on Sonoma for i7 4790k + RX 570?

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
GTX 760
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
Hello,

I want to try Sonoma, so I want to know which SMBIOS is suitable for my config i7 4790k + RX 570 for stability.

I was recommended Macpro7.1, iMacPro1.1, and iMac19.1, so I'm confused about which one is best.

Thanks in advance

Just a thought :
iMac20,x and MacPro7,1 will be best suited for a possible Intel-based last future version of mac OS ( Sonoma++) in 2024 :)

Thanks for the clarification

Currently I've gone with the iMac19.1 and so far it seems okay. Do you advise me to try MacPro7.1 for more stability?

You should be using a SMBIOS for a system that doesn’t expect an IGPU to be present, so iMacPro1,1 or MacPro7,1 would be fine. Do not use an iMac SMBIOS with a CPU that lacks IGPU support.

Hello,

I want to try Sonoma, so I want to know which SMBIOS is suitable for my config i7 4790k + RX 570 for stability.

I was recommended Macpro7.1, iMacPro1.1, and iMac19.1, so I'm confused about which one is best.

Thanks in advance

Can you please share your efi folder? I spent the last three days trying to figure out why I can't load the installer and I have same CPU, while my GPU is a vapour amd r9 290, which should be patchable with OCLP.

I'd appreciate

Can you please share your efi folder? I spent the last three days trying to figure out why I can't load the installer and I have same CPU, while my GPU is a vapour amd r9 290, which should be patchable with OCLP.

I'd appreciate
Yes sure. You can always follow this developer in order to obtain the latest version of Opencore that supports Haswell cpu

You should be using a SMBIOS for a system that doesn’t expect an IGPU to be present, so iMacPro1,1 or MacPro7,1 would be fine. Do not use an iMac SMBIOS with a CPU that lacks IGPU support.

Thank you Edhawk for the clarification.
After testing both the iMacPro1.1 and MacPro7.1, I found that the iMacPro1.1 runs smoothly and without problems so far, unlike what I observed with the iMac19.1.
Thank you very much again for the help

You might want to have a look at this guide I posted for a similar Haswell system running Sonoma 14.1.

Back