Contribute
Register

What Desktop Hardware Do You Want Better Supported?

Status
Not open for further replies.
jackson10t said:
I say take a bigger challenge. Support AMD processors! :D lol.

Tada! Your wish is granted... AMD Graphics ATI processors! That was too easy...
AMD had to buy their way in, I don't think Apple will ever open the door for AMD CPU's.

How about EVGA motherboard- such as Micro 1156 , and 9800gtx+. I can't get my screen to its max resolution after triple boot.

If anyone can get the Marvell Yukon 88E8057 working, it would be very cool.

I've noticed a bunch of posts on this and other forums with nobody having any luck.

How about getting real world high-end Mac/MacPro setups (video editing, 3D apps, whatever) and try to get a better, cheaper, stable build? Similar was done for CustoMac Pro, and that I think will bring some BIG intere$$t to the community. Many members may already have done so, and would be really interesting to see the comparison and progress.

tonymacx86 said:
Questionmark.png

What Desktop Hardware Do You Want Better Supported?

MacMan and I are looking for a challenge, and want to expand our support beyond the Gigabyte H55/P55/X58 boards and video cards in our signatures. As with our current systems these items will be fully supported down the line.

We're not looking for stuff that's impossible to fix, just good solid components ripe for optimization.

The List (So Far)
-Asus Motherboards
-Zotac H55-ITX Mini-ITX Motherboards
-Shuttle XPC
-
-

Post your ideas here, and in a week's time we'll collect your ideas and put up an official poll. I'll keep this top post updated.

Looking forward to your ideas! :mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek:

In response to the Shuttle XPC being on your list, it is interesting that so much progress has already been made on the SH55J2 version of the shuttle. Some have even posted that they have it working 100% (viewtopic.php?f=22&t=5395). I was thinking it might be quick work to make this a system officially supported by tonymacx86.com since most of the heavy lifting has been done. DSDT?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would be very interested in better EVGA support. In my experience they make top-quality hardware and have excellent warranties and customer support. Specifically I'd be interested in better support for:

EVGA X58 FTW3 132-GT-E768-KR mobo
and
EVGA 012-P3-1470-AR GeForce GTX 470 graphics card

I'm using both in my current hackintosh rig and they've been giving me no end of trouble.

Fully support through DSDT one or few LGA775 motherboards, any brand. Or does it fall into impossible?

intel graphics.

They are the future. Apple will be using sandy bridge.

rabbit.

dell precision t7500 workstation ! the motherboard is intel 5520 chipset with dual socket 1366 for xeon cpu !
I got it to work with iboot but only in single processor still cant get dual processor, would be awesome if i can get both processors working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back