Contribute
Register

wfj's 600T White Build: GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3/i7 2600K/GTX 570

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is very similar to what I used for my recent build, I just adapted my spec to suit my taste.
Thanks very much for helping me obtain my first hackintosh.
Are there any specific instructions for updating to 10.7.3?

Thanks again!

Joshrawr said:
This is very similar to what I used for my recent build, I just adapted my spec to suit my taste.
Thanks very much for helping me obtain my first hackintosh.
Are there any specific instructions for updating to 10.7.3?

Thanks again!

I installed straight to 10.7.3 so I didn't have to update. The audio will likely be broken after you run the update so you'll need to re-install that audio kexts afterward. Other than that, it should be pretty simple...

Hey wfj,

this is pretty much the same build I was thinking of.
Except I'm still undecided between an HD 6870 and GTX 570.

Thought it would be a bit more tricky to get the GTX 570 to work but it seems really simple in your case :)

Is the GTX 570 quiet enough in your opinion?

What problems are you experiencing with sleep mode?

Cheers!

There is really no comparison between a 6870 and gtx 570...the 570 is on a whole different level performance-wise. They are about the same noise level when at idle and I would say the 570 is perhaps a little noisier under full load.

Sleep issues are typical of a gigabyte z68 board...have to unplug and replug usb after waking up.

Sure some other builds using a HD 6870 say that this one really works out of the box.

Thanks to your build i guess I'll be going for the gtx 570. Is it that much of a difference performance-wise? I see you're using both cards in the two builds you have.

back0 said:
Sure some other builds using a HD 6870 say that this one really works out of the box.

Thanks to your build i guess I'll be going for the gtx 570. Is it that much of a difference performance-wise? I see you're using both cards in the two builds you have.

Well, the magic question is what will you be using your system for? That should dictate the graphics card choice more than anything.

Good point.. I'll be making music on this system using Logic Pro mainly.

BUT I also want to throw some games in Windows 7. I'm not a hardcore gamer but for example I want to check out BF3 and have it run really smooth. Your advice?

back0 said:
Good point.. I'll be making music on this system using Logic Pro mainly.

BUT I also want to throw some games in Windows 7. I'm not a hardcore gamer but for example I want to check out BF3 and have it run really smooth. Your advice?

It will have no effect with the music making programs...heck you could use integrated graphics for that. If you want performance for games in windows 7 then the 570 is definitely the right choice. One note, with the gtx 680 just being released, check out ebay as there will be a lot of people dumping their gtx 570 and 580 graphics cards. You could probably find a used 580 for the same price as a new 570.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back