Contribute
Register

Welcome to the new HP Probook 4530s Subforum :)

I Have ProBook 4530s LJ518UT and suprisingly I discovered there is no bluetooth. It has Realtek WiFi card. Is there any posibility to change the card with combo Atheroes (WiFi + Bluetooth)? If anyone tried this? If so which card to replace?

Yes, you can replace it with Atheros. You have to get one that is HP branded as the BIOS has a whitelist for WiFi cards. Do a search here and you'll find lots of information. I know some people have had good luck on ebay, some bad luck. Best bet would be to order from HP, but more expensive.

Yes, you can replace it with Atheros. You have to get one that is HP branded as the BIOS has a whitelist for WiFi cards. Do a search here and you'll find lots of information. I know some people have had good luck on ebay, some bad luck. Best bet would be to order from HP, but more expensive.

Thank you.Most studies shows Atheros 9285., but I went to their site and it is a single chip card and nothing is mentioned about the Bluetooth. And when I asked the local technition, says its a separate chip so will not work. Sopke to HP service says to use a USB dongle... really confused.

Thank you.Most studies shows Atheros 9285., but I went to their site and it is a single chip card and nothing is mentioned about the Bluetooth. And when I asked the local technition, says its a separate chip so will not work. Sopke to HP service says to use a USB dongle... really confused.

Take a look at the FAQ over in ML forum: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook/77058-faq-mountain-lion-hp-probook.html

I added some information provided by BigDonkey on model# of the card you want. Maybe that will help. Like any big corporation, HP's site is a mess and hard to find information...

Thank you so much. I was really looking for these instructions. I really appreciate your support.

I also like to share my ProBook Hack.
Model: HP ProBook 4530s XX9676EA#ABD,
Intel Core i3-2310M, 320 HDD, CDDVDW TS-L633R DVD-Writer,
Standard screen and 4GB RAM (both waiting for upgrade)
Wifi was already Atheros and workes smooth.

Updated BIOS to F.30 and installed 10.8.2 with no problems - thanks to the fantastic guides found here!
Patched dsdt with MaciASL.
After all i migrated my apps and user account from my old Macbook Pro and ... well, I'm up and running.
Runs like charm and shows only minor problems in console logs.
I'm just wondering if i could ditch a bunch of kexts I my machine probably will not use, like all the ATI stuff and so on.

Found a great app called "EtreCheck" to read out a lot of usefull information about the stuff that is running on the machine.
Just give it a try.

Plans are to upgrade with AUO B156HW01 V.4 HD screen and maybe Core i7 soon.

I'll futher investigate on stuff related to bluetooth, sleep, trackpad, camera etc. and hope to give some input concerning these soon.

Thanks to all of the guys here that come up with helpful information!

Cheers!

Hi everyon!

Im going to be a Probook 4530s owner soon and these are the specs of my candidate, could you please have a look on it and tell me if it will work with 10.8.4?

So here are the components:

Wifi chip - Atheros AR9285 802.11 b/g/n
Ethernet - Realtek RTL8168/8111
Trackpad - Synaptic Luxpad 7.5
Webcam - HP HD Webcam
Bluetooth - Qualcomm Atheros AR3011 3.0 + HD Adapter

The full model number is A1D18EA.

Thanks in advance!!

Cheers,
Tom

Hi everyon!

Im going to be a Probook 4530s owner soon and these are the specs of my candidate, could you please have a look on it and tell me if it will work with 10.8.4?

So here are the components:

Wifi chip - Atheros AR9285 802.11 b/g/n
Ethernet - Realtek RTL8168/8111
Trackpad - Synaptic Luxpad 7.5
Webcam - HP HD Webcam
Bluetooth - Qualcomm Atheros AR3011 3.0 + HD Adapter

The full model number is A1D18EA.

Thanks in advance!!

Cheers,
Tom

Yes, it will work. You are posting an ML question in the Lion forum. Be sure to follow the ML guide from the ML forum: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-laptop-support/

The guide is one of the 'sticky' posts at the top of the forum.

Back