Contribute
Register

Welcome to the new HP Probook 4530s Subforum :)

Montyboy said:
enrcarta said:
You can find the older releases in the "Revision History" section of the HP website :
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/Te ... 135&mode=5

E.G. this is the download section for the BIOS F.20 for HP 4x30s:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/Te ... 5-1&mode=3

Enrico

Hello guys got my new 4530 yesterday and installed lion 10.7.3 everything went perfect :thumbup: It came with bios Ver.F.OA is there anything to gain by updating bios?
Great forum :thumbup: :thumbup: Thanks montyboy

Can anyone tell me...........Thanks montyboy

Help please! I have a laptop:
Model: HP ProBook 4530s
Screen: 15.6'' HD
CPU: Intel Core i5-2450M @ 2.5/3.1GHz
RAM: 4GB
HDD: 640GB
Graphics: AMD Radeon 6490M 1GB
I'm using iBoot+Multibeast method.
When I boot Snow Leopard with iBoot it says "Unsupported card!". I've tried to boot with iBoot-Legacy but, it's crashes after 12 seconds :| (when I press f5 & hit enter): Laptop powers off, and at startup (after crash) appears HP's boot diagnostic screen.
When I tried to boot with iBoot CD (main) in verbose mode and installed system, computer got sound problems and no first startup video appears (is it OK?). It has screen resolution problem too. After that, I'm opening Multibeast and the combo update, applying update and system crashes, it says something like this: "system update in nanoseconds ...". After 3 installations it was the same result. :(
After crashes, I was trying to boot with -x (safe mode) but not working.
Please help me! Sorry for my bad English.

I've found the easiest way to get it started is with Unibeast and make a bootable USB drive. Make sure you select the Notebook option when making the bootable USB. Thats how I installed on my probook with the same ATI card in it. THe ATI does nothing, but at least Intel graphics work and if I want to do any gaming I just boot from my Win7 partition. I actually haven't done any gaming on it anyway so Windows hasn't been booted other than getting multiboot working and updates :D

Hello.

I wish to "preserve" the original Windows partition of my HP4530s before starting the experiments with the OSX ! :problem:
I didn't receive the sets of recovery DVDs with the computer.
I read that it should be possible to order the DVD set from HP Spare Parts, and receive it for as low as $10 if you live in USA. But I couldn't find the link.
So, either:
1. Do you successfully require the set ? How ?
2. Do you already have a set of DVD ? What is the product-number of the set ? (I will order it to HP Spare Parts using that product-number)

Thanks, regards
Enrico

enrcarta said:
Hello.

I wish to "preserve" the original Windows partition of my HP4530s before starting the experiments with the OSX ! :problem:
I read that it should be possible to order the DVD set from HP Spare Parts, and receive it for as low as $10 if you live in USA. But I couldn't find the link.
So, either:
1. Do you successfully require the set ? How ?
2. Do you already have a set of DVD ? What is the product-number of the set ? (I will order it to HP Spare Parts using that product-number)

Thanks, regards
Enrico

I went on HP's website, found a tech support chat, told them my serial number and model number and they sent me a set of original install discs for free with overnight FedEx delivery.

I can't remember for sure, but a lot of laptops now have a utility installed to create recovery DVDs.. you might want to check that too..

BertotheGer said:
enrcarta said:
Hello.

I went on HP's website, found a tech support chat, told them my serial number and model number and they sent me a set of original install discs for free with overnight FedEx delivery.

Which model number do you have ?
Is that LB552EA ?
They told me that the recovery set is not available for shipping, it should be enclosed with the computer. But I didn't find it :(

All good here, 10.7.3 4530s i5-2450/4Gb/3000

First attempt failed, dunno if it was the case sensitive filesystem messing up the kext loading or the fact that I hadn't changed the WiFi/BT card. The install prompted for mouse and keyboard (instead of just keyboard as per install), after the install the "HP Probook Installer" failed and I couldn't get the internal keyboard/mouse to respond (and managed to disable USB mouse/keyboard trying to fix it... oops).

Wiped, installed Atheros, used case insensitive filesystem, installed again using the i5-2430 settings, followed the instructions to get the WiFi working, all shiny.

Got the Probook from eBuyer, WiFi and extra 4Gb from eBay, all in cost around £450, which for the power and quality of the machine is good (on this side of the pond anyway!).

Thanks (from a lurker).

bought a 4530s yesterday and did a clean Mac install.. so far its working smoothly..no freezes or slowness.. This is just awesome..!! dont think i'll ever install windows in this.. :)

Cheers !!! :headbang:

Do all the Wireless cards work from all the Models of 4530s? Thats the important thing for me, If Bluetooth doesn´t work I don´t mind.

Back