Contribute
Register

Welcome to the new HP Probook 4530s Subforum :)

Silizium said:
Do all the Wireless cards work from all the Models of 4530s? Thats the important thing for me, If Bluetooth doesn´t work I don´t mind.

Just Atheros wifi works on them. Also the BIOS is locked from the factory to only support certain HP ID'd wifi modules. I think there is an unlocked BIOS floating around, but its easier if you can find one that comes with the Atheros card to start with.

I got lucky and where I work has several of these HPs and was able to swap the card in my i7 Probook for an Atheros from one of the i3 models. (both laptops belong to work so nothing shady going on..)

This is what System Profiler says for my working card.. (MAC Address changed)

Interfaces:
en1:
Card Type: AirPort Extreme (0x168C, 0x8F)
Firmware Version: Atheros 9285: 4.0.61.4-P2P
MAC Address: 68:a3:c4:XX:XX:XX
Locale: Unknown
Country Code: US
Supported Channels: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
Wake On Wireless: Supported
AirDrop: Supported

So if I stumble in to a shop, how can I find out what WIFI Card that´s in the Laptop? I start it... and then? I really know only OSX other Systems I´m a fool.

Silizium said:
So if I stumble in to a shop, how can I find out what WIFI Card that´s in the Laptop? I start it... and then? I really know only OSX other Systems I´m a fool.
In the store, it would be running Windows 7, so:

1) Click the Windows Start button (usually lower left corner of the screen)
2) Type 'dev man' (this does a 'spotlight' like search)
3) You should see "Device Manager" listed... click on it.
4) This is a tree view of all the devices in the computer by category
5) Look for Network adapters, and expand that node in the tree
6) See that it is/is not Atheros WiFi

See attachment for a screen shot...

In some stores, the demo units are "locked down" such that administrative tools (such as Device Manager) are inaccessible. You will have to ask for a manager to type the admin password, or even log into an admin account for you. Good luck.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    93.6 KB · Views: 726
Silizium said:

You can follow what ReHabMan posted to check, however keep in mind that even if the floor model show Atheros wifi card, there are still no guarantee that the box you buy will have it.
HP like many other manufacturer uses what ever card they have available during the assembly. Just like memory module as well. Same model can have HP branded, Hynix, Samsung, etc... brand memory.
In my experience, I purchase 2 same model 4530s at the same store. The box stack right on top of each other. one came with Atheros wifi and HP memory. The other Radlink and Hynix memory.

Great job!I followed the steps and got my probook 4230s work's great!Thank you all.

i have this laptop

HP ProBook 4530s -XU018UT
15.6" LED Notebook
Intel Core i5 2410M(2.30GHz)
4GB Memory DDR3 1333
500GB HDD 7200rpm
DVD Super Multi
Intel HD Graphics 3000
Ati Readon HD 6490

i'm new in Mac OS world

so please i need help and detailed explanation for how to install Mac OS on my laptop

Good afternoon!

First, excuse me English, I'm using Google Translator.

I did the process on my Hackintosh 4530S, is at version 10.7, and I'm having trouble on the VGA output. I am a teacher and need to design slides, and I'm lost because of it.

Can anyone help me solve this problem?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Good afternoon!

First, excuse me English, I'm using Google Translator.

I did the process on my Hackintosh 4530S, is at version 10.7, and I'm having trouble on the VGA output. I am a teacher and need to design slides, and I'm lost because of it.

Can anyone help me solve this problem?

Thank you in advance for your help!

I haven't heard of anyone getting VGA to work on ProBook w/ Lion. It is, however, working for most people in ML.

I haven't heard of anyone getting VGA to work on ProBook w/ Lion. It is, however, working for most people in ML.
I found it strange because the first time I installed, operated normally, but I had to reinstall the Lion and then did not work anymore ...

In the store, it would be running Windows 7, so:

1) Click the Windows Start button (usually lower left corner of the screen)
2) Type 'dev man' (this does a 'spotlight' like search)
3) You should see "Device Manager" listed... click on it.
4) This is a tree view of all the devices in the computer by category
5) Look for Network adapters, and expand that node in the tree
6) See that it is/is not Atheros WiFi

See attachment for a screen shot...

In some stores, the demo units are "locked down" such that administrative tools (such as Device Manager) are inaccessible. You will have to ask for a manager to type the admin password, or even log into an admin account for you. Good luck.

I Have ProBook 4530s LJ518UT and suprisingly I discovered there is no bluetooth. It has Realtek WiFi card. Is there any posibility to change the card with combo Atheroes (WiFi + Bluetooth)? If anyone tried this? If so which card to replace?

Back