Contribute
Register

Weird problem with Handoff, Instant Hotspot and AutoUnlock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. Windows firmare loaded is the same version loaded by bcrmpatch. So, problem is exactly the same. I also tried compiling bcrmfirmwareloader, because I read that in some cases it helped, but not in my case.

I was messing around with continuity activation tool (CAT), and an analysis reported some errors, so I have "installed" the patch, and on next reboot the analysis reported almost the same errors. However, if I tried to install that tool again, it said "continuity already active". I have uninstalled the patch, but it couldn't restore the original files from the recovery partition. That tool is buggy at this time. After all of this, I have entirely lost the instant hotspot feature (my phone stopped appearing at the top of the wi-fi list).

After that, I manually modified a couple of system files to "whitelist" my board-id and set continuity and handoff as supported (by default, under that list says "no"). But nothing happened. Feature was completely gone.

Yesterday, I have updated Mac to 10.13.1. Seems it restored the original files that CAT modified, and so after it booted, instant hotspot was there again. My phone is recognized at the top of the Wi-Fi networks list. But the problem persists, if I try to connect, it just try for some seconds, and then I get an error. And the option to Auto Unlock with Apple Watch is still missing.

I will continue touching things here and there, occasionally and with patience. Hopefully, it will work as intended eventually.

Ok. Windows firmare loaded is the same version loaded by bcrmpatch. So, problem is exactly the same. I also tried compiling bcrmfirmwareloader, because I read that in some cases it helped, but not in my case.

I was messing around with continuity activation tool (CAT), and an analysis reported some errors, so I have "installed" the patch, and on next reboot the analysis reported almost the same errors. However, if I tried to install that tool again, it said "continuity already active". I have uninstalled the patch, but it couldn't restore the original files from the recovery partition. That tool is buggy at this time. After all of this, I have entirely lost the instant hotspot feature (my phone stopped appearing at the top of the wi-fi list).

After that, I manually modified a couple of system files to "whitelist" my board-id and set continuity and handoff as supported (by default, under that list says "no"). But nothing happened. Feature was completely gone.

Yesterday, I have updated Mac to 10.13.1. Seems it restored the original files that CAT modified, and so after it booted, instant hotspot was there again. My phone is recognized at the top of the Wi-Fi networks list. But the problem persists, if I try to connect, it just try for some seconds, and then I get an error. And the option to Auto Unlock with Apple Watch is still missing.

I will continue touching things here and there, occasionally and with patience. Hopefully, it will work as intended eventually.

If I remember correctly, handoff does not work properly with the BCM94352Z, unless something has changed recently.

Hello Shinji3rd!

Any News with your Instant Hotspot and Handoff?
I have the same problem with my BCM94352Z on 10.13.6:
  • Instant Hotspot is displayed but won't connect
  • Handoff works from Hackintosh to iOS but from iOS to Hackintosh only if you click on the WiFi icon :banghead:
  • Apple Watch can't unlock anything
Thanks!

Hello Shinji3rd!

Any News with your Instant Hotspot and Handoff?
I have the same problem with my BCM94352Z on 10.13.6:
  • Instant Hotspot is displayed but won't connect
  • Handoff works from Hackintosh to iOS but from iOS to Hackintosh only if you click on the WiFi icon :banghead:
  • Apple Watch can't unlock anything
Thanks!

All typical.

Is this also related to BCM94352HMB???
All works fine on Mojave for me, except for Instant Hotspot.

Pretty typical for non-Apple/non-native BT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back