Contribute
Register

weird dots on top of the screen, HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No problem... She has various options to fix her problem, all being very simple. If you followed her last 50 post or so you'll see that she doesn't bother following guides or advice, she reads a guide, follows part of it, and ignores what she doesn't understand. Then post it doesn't work...

You post that GOP bios is required, PJALM says not so. I don't really care, I've only used GOP flashed cards with Clover. I do remember now that I used the CMS driver to get 2560X1440 in Clover GUI so my earlier post regarding CMS was in error.

I don't have a horse in the race, I really don't care if her crap works, so I'm out of here. No disrespect to you personally...
It seems that u and shee dont understand whats the problem here.
Clover UEFI boot can use 3 types of driver to display screen.
One its CSMVideo driver that have dots,second its without UEFI drover(legacy) for she same have dots on screen and third right option its to use right driver from graphics card firmware.

Clover UEFI can boots OSX with all of them ofcourse but with 2 have dots.
Really simple to understand.
I have seen this dots on many PC i have installed clover and have fixed them with updating to UEFI gop firmware.

As i see u dont look at name of the thread (her problem its dots on top of screen)? and not problems with booting right ?

It seems that u and shee dont understand whats the problem here.
Clover UEFI boot can use 3 types of driver to display screen.
One its CSMVideo driver that have dots,second its without UEFI drover(legacy) for she same have dots on screen and third right option its to use right driver from graphics card firmware.

Clover UEFI can boots OSX with all of them ofcourse but with 2 have dots.
Really simple to understand.
I have seen this dots on many PC i have installed clover and have fixed them with updating to UEFI gop firmware.

As i see u dont look at name of the thread (her problem its dots on top of screen)? and not problems with booting right ?
No that's not right, certainly someone has a problem reading...

XEON 1230V2
GA-Z77-DS3H(rev.1.1)
Nvidia GTX 660 2GB Superclocked
16GB Corsair RAM
Crucial M4 SSD (system drive)

I guess the CPU doesn't have the GPU core can be making the issue but since my old builds were fine last year so I think something has to be changed from the default config.plist. the clover configurator is so new to me and don't even know how to set things up. Please help me to get the clover working. I also tried to edit the config.plist to get the nvidia-/true but still no luck.

maybe IF someone can throw me a proper config.plist...that would be super awesome!

Thanks so much. I sent the request email last night and am waiting to receive it. :D
u can try this whole efi folder and report how it goes for u.
DSDT its from/for F8 version of bios.
If u use other version of bios then make new dsdt using PJALM patches for this board + discrete vga patch.

i've been through a lot, xpamamadeus

first, I got the video card firmware and BIOS updater(f10 beta). the reason i wanted to update the BIOS was because the win 8 and secure boot options..F9 doesn't have it so..I basically tried to mach all things as you directed.....

After the bios update, clover suddenly worked with default options. then when i got the vga gop updater then the dots issue happen again. meanwhile, i saw you posted a EFI folder exclusively for me so I put it into EFI and it worked well!(i removed DSDT b/c my BIOS was no longer F9)

but the thing it that the BIOS seems too slow to boot the computer the just rollback it to F9. Thanks for all your help, consistent care, and all. cheers!
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

i've been through a lot, xpamamadeus

first, I got the video card firmware and BIOS updater(f10 beta). the reason i wanted to update the BIOS was because the win 8 and secure boot options..F9 doesn't have it so..I basically tried to mach all things as you directed.....

After the bios update, clover suddenly worked with default options. then when i got the vga gop updater then the dots issue happen again. meanwhile, i saw you posted a EFI folder exclusively for me so I put it into EFI and it worked well!(i removed DSDT b/c my BIOS was no longer F9)

but the thing it that the BIOS seems too slow to boot the computer the just rollback it to F9. Thanks for all your help, consistent care, and all. cheers!
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
i can suggest if u wanna try f11 for your board with all oproms updated.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/pv8rz0b70uyhywo/z77ds3h_mod_f11.zip
Modified with :
Intel Legacy RAID for SATA 11.6.0.1702 to 12.7.0.1936
Intel UEFI RAID SataDriver 11.6.0.1702 to 12.7.0.1936
Atheros PCIE Ethernet Controller 2.0.2.7 to 2.0.6.6
Atheros PCIE Ethernet Controller 2.1.1.1 to 2.1.1.5
Intel PCI Accelerated SVGA BIOS 2158
Intel Sandy GOPdriver 2.0.1023 to 2.0.1024
Intel Ivy GOPdriver 3.0.1023
Sandy (06A7) CPU-MicroCode rev29 added
Ivy (06A9) CPU-MicroCode rev17 to 19
ME Firmware 8.1.30.1350 to 8.1.50.1456
Modified splash logo

Source
http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte/48085-gigabyte-modified-bios.html
Enyoj your Clover and beaware that UEFI clover depends on bios updates (drivers inside bios) regardless what some people may say .:headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back