Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. iMac
  3. Power Mac
  4. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Happy holiday, guys!

my hackintosh has been with Chameleon but recently tried to back to Clover again. used to settle on Clover back in late 2012..

the newest builds (2377, 2403) both render this kind of weird patterns at the first 3-4 lines on the display.(see the image attachment) and then there's no further step such as the Mac OS X booting or Clover disk select screen..at all. just freeze.

I haven't touched anything but clean install(64bit UEFI, didn't check the OSX lowMem fix Drv). Fully added themes in order to keep it away from theme missing error. Any thoughts? This this appears right after the hardware reads the EFI folder, i guess.
screen.jpg

My hardware is..

XEON 1230V2
GA-Z77-DS3H(rev.1.1)
Nvidia GTX 660 2GB Superclocked
16GB Corsair RAM
Crucial M4 SSD (system drive)

I guess the CPU doesn't have the GPU core can be making the issue but since my old builds were fine last year so I think something has to be changed from the default config.plist. the clover configurator is so new to me and don't even know how to set things up. Please help me to get the clover working. I also tried to edit the config.plist to get the nvidia-/true but still no luck.

maybe IF someone can throw me a proper config.plist...that would be super awesome!

Legacy or UEFI boot?
What drivers are in drivers64UEFI?
Post config.plist.

i've attached the list of driver64s in EFI(anything to remove?)
and I chose UEFI at the Gigabyte boot drive option screen(tried both quick boot disk select mode and full configuration mode.) Thanks for your reply!drivers.png :thumbup:

and I chose UEFI at the Gigabyte boot drive option screen(tried both quick boot disk select mode and full configuration mode.) Thanks for your reply!View attachment 78085 :thumbup:

I assume you need Csm for video. Not certain you need DataHub or PartitionDxe. Since you didn't post config.plist no one can help with it.

I've attached a very basic config that works on every board I've tried it with, though I don't do Gigabyte.

Luck with it.

View attachment config.plist.zip

still my hackintosh doesn't welcome clover. same symptom.

I just changed the graphics part of your config as;
Code:
[COLOR=#000080]<key>[/COLOR]Inject[COLOR=#000080]</key>[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000080]<dict>[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000080]<key>[/COLOR]NVidia[COLOR=#000080]</key>[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000080]<true/>[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000080]</dict>[/COLOR]

but nothing gets better.:crazy: any ideas? FYI, I also deleted the two drivers you thought they were not necessary. Thanks in advance!:D

and I chose UEFI at the Gigabyte boot drive option screen(tried both quick boot disk select mode and full configuration mode.) Thanks for your reply!View attachment 78085 :thumbup:
Hi.
u dont need CsmVideo driver for this build.
Delete it and make sure u have UEFI GOP Nvidia GTX 660 firmware on your board.
When u are sure then go to bios and disable legacy boot.
Make it pure UEFI and your problem will gone.

sounds like I've got to install windows and update my Graphics card driver then. MANY THANKS!
No u dont need to install windows just for that.
Make Boot USB for flashing this card.
But first check if u have UEFI gop already on your card.
Go to bios and set OS Type to windows 8 WHQL and disable secureboot.
then if get picture on screen u dont have to flash.

You need CsmVideo if your Graphics card is not flashed GOP and you are booting UEFI . You don't not have to flash the card just to run Clover...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back