Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
X58 UD5
CPU
i7-920
Graphics
GTX 970
Hi all,
following Tony's instruction I built a hack picking the components from the buyer's guide:

MSI Z370 Gaming plus
i7 8600k
2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz
SSD Crucial MX300 275Gb
Zotac 1050Ti 4Gb
IoGear Bluetooth 4.0 usb
Fenvi FV-T919 802.11AC Pci Wifi Card
DELL U2717D QHD Monitor connected via HDMI to the 1050Ti
Apple Wireless Keyboard
Apple Magic Mouse

I installed High Sierra 10.13.3 with Unibeast + Multibeast setup and CLOVER UEFI (PEG, VT-D Disable, CFG Disable, XHCI Enable, XMP Enable, nvda_drv=1 darkwake=8 dart=0 in config.plist, Nvidia web driver)

Now I'm facing this issue:

every time I turn off the system and boot again the screen light is on up with black screen but no post, no beeps. sometimes (not always) the motherboard turns on the led debug for GPU not found error. And every time if I press the reset button all goes well, post motherboard screen, then clover and system boot correctly.
I tried to swap the 1050Ti from 1st PCI Express slot to 2nd, boot with only 1 DIMM of RAM, with xmp disabled, tried to use DP instead of HDMI but without any chance.
So I thought maybe if I enable the IGP 630 UHD Intel Graphic card the problem would go away as the system will find at least one videocard, but if i boot with PEG and IGP Multi monitor enabled i only get clover showing at max resolution (with the 1050ti i have 1920x1080 until half apple loading bar, then it switches to 2k resolution) and at a certain point the system hangs in a loop and I have to reboot.
I tried to install the IGP injecting 0x19120000 ig-platform without any luck, even with lilu/intelgraphicsfixup kexts method I dont get no video at all. I don't even know if hybrid graphic setup would get rid of this weird issue but I would give it a try..
if you have some tips to solve this problem i will appreciate your help

Thank you

[UPDATE] I found out that if I boot with ONLY 1 DIMM of DDR4 inserted in slot B2 (single channel) the problem goes away as the 1050Ti being recognized correctly every boot.. what should I do now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back