i7-12700k
Graphics
RX590
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I just did an upgrade to Big Sur on my Hack and it seems to be OK, except that I cannot open Safari or Edge. Other apps open fine - Mail, Clover Configurator, Photos, etc.

I did a clean install of Catalina 10.15.5 on my Hack. It was working fine. I had sound, It would sleep, etc. I upgrade Clover boot loader to 5126 and had to do some fixes to get Catalina booting again, but in the end all was well.

Then, I did the Big Sur update. It took a little while, but it did complete and I can boot to the Finder. It's mostly working. I have HDMI sound, but no sound from the jacks in the back of the computer. Bluetooth is detected, Ethernet port is working. Now I try to browse the internet and start Edge... I get a blank window, and nothing is happening. I can still open other apps without issues. I quit Edge and try Safari... It doesn't even draw a window. In both cases, the icon appears in the dock as if the app is open.

The sound issue shows that there is still tweaking to do, but I need the browser working. What could be stopping Safari and Edge from doing anything?

My model is 18,3 as I have a Kaby Lake system with an Intel 7700k CPU and 16GB of DDR 2400 ram. Video is a 8GB AMD RX590. Mainboard is an Asus Maximus IX Apex with the latest BIOS. HDD is a 750GB Toshiba SATA drive.

Can anyone suggest what is going on? Thanks!!!

Something to note... If I create a link in Notes and then try to open it in Safari or Edge, nothing happens. The icons never show up on the dock.

Feel like an idiot... I restarted and the browsers are working now. Big Sur sure feels a lot slower than Catalina.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back