Contribute
Register

WDN4800 Airdrop on Yosemite 10.10.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just tried to drop a file from my iPhone 6 to my hack using Airdrop but neither device sees the other despite being on the same Wireless network. My Hack is as per my profile.

I have never tried using this before so don't know if it has ever worked.

Should this work with no modification on my hack or do I need to do something? System Information shows Airdrop as supported and I have no other issues with wireless.

How did you solved your problem? I am stuck in this same error. All works fine, but airdrop doesn't.

Many thanks toleda - I am trying to use it with WiFi to connect to my iPhone 6 but although its enabled on both my hackintosh and my iPhone neither device sees the other.

My questions therefore are should this work out of the box with the WDN4800 wireless card or is there a hack I need to do to enable it?

Alternatively if it should work given that its reported as supported and displays on my hackintosh without needing to be forced, is there anything known to prevent it working?

EDITED TO ADD: I notice other screenshots of Airdrop I have seen have blue text at the bottom of the Airdrop window which says "Allow me to be discovered by: XXXXXXX" and "Don't see who you are looking for". My Airdrop window on my hackintosh does not display this text - does this mean that it is not fully functional?

View attachment 125991View attachment 125992View attachment 125993

Is there any explanation why is option "allow me to be discovered by" missing?

edit: ordered bcm9460cd, waiting to get it

Came FAST!

Works like a charm.

Simply installed it, repaired all my bluetooth connections (works way better than the Logitec USB Bluetooth) and airdrop works.
Does your device for AirDrop work for Mac to iOS AirDropping?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back