Contribute
Register

Want to run El Capitan with an i7 4790K system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, understood.

Pushing back to El Capitan right now (I.e in 2022) is a tricky goal. I have done it with a Z590 / Comet Lake build and the advice I gave earlier is needed to get the job done. No-one will have gone through the process with similar hardware to yours before, that is fairly certain. I can help along the way but can not do the work on your hardware for you.
I have a fourth generation processor, an i7 4790k, which motherboards do you recommend, I'm going to build another computer with this processor to work with El Capitan, it would be easier for me.

I have a fourth generation processor, an i7 4790k, which motherboards do you recommend, I'm going to build another computer with this processor to work with El Capitan
The Z97 Haswell boards are way over priced on Amazon. So if you can't spend close to $300 then try Ebay instead.

Not sure why one of these should sell for more than most Z690 boards do today.

Screen Shot 17.jpg

Screen Shot 20.jpg

If you don't mind using a refurbished pre-built, these work really well and can save you a lot of money opposed to building from parts. Just replace the i5 with your 4790K. It won't allow overclocking though. You can get up and running El Cap very quickly using the Golden Build guide. Native support for El Cap with this hardware.

Last edited:
If you don't mind using a refurbished pre-built, these work really well and can save you a lot of money opposed to building from parts. Just replace the i5 with your 4790K. It won't allow overclocking though. You can get up and running El Cap very quickly using the Golden Build guide. Native support for El Cap with this hardware.

Thank you my friend.

The Z97 Haswell boards are way over priced on Amazon. So if you can't spend close to $300 then try Ebay instead.

View attachment 545376

View attachment 545377

View attachment 545376

View attachment 545377
Thank you very much for your help and your attention, a hug !!!

Ok, thank you !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back