Motherboard
Gigabyte B360 aorus
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
R9 280X
Mac
  1. iMac
Does any friend of the forum know if there is any way to install El Capitan on a ninth generation machine ?

B360 aorus
i7 9700k
Clover
16 GB memory
r9 280x Saphire

Does any friend of the forum know if there is any way to install El Capitan on a ninth generation machine ?

B360 aorus
i7 9700k
Clover
16 GB memory
r9 280x Saphire

Hi there.

Yes there is.

You will need the last version of El Capitan - 10.11.6 - and you will need to "spoof" an earlier CPU. For example Skylake - E3060500. You will also need to change your system date to somewhere between December 2015 and September 2016.

:)

Hi there.

Yes there is.

You will need the last version of El Capitan - 10.11.6 - and you will need to "spoof" an earlier CPU. For example Skylake - E3060500. You will also need to change your system date to somewhere between December 2015 and September 2016.

:)
Thanks friend, could you help me please, give me the details if possible, so far I couldn't make it work, I really needed this system because of my work, I'm already desperate, I bought a new machine but I can't use it with El captain

Thanks friend, could you help me please, give me the details if possible, so far I couldn't make it work, I really needed this system because of my work, I'm already desperate, I bought a new machine but I can't use it with El captain

Okay ...

If you are installing a fresh copy of El Capitan on a blank SSD/HDD:

- then you will have to change the system time/date to one close to the original release date. You can do this either by temporarily changing the date in your BIOS or by using Terminal from the El Capitan installer set-up menu:

Code:
sudo date 1212080015

... which equals - 12th December 08:00am 2015 - for example.

To "Spoof" the older CPU in Clover, open your config.plist in Clover Configurator and look for the FakeCPUID option. Choose a Skylake code. (You can do this manually instead if your prefer).

Okay ...

If you are installing a fresh copy of El Capitan on a blank SSD/HDD:

- then you will have to change the system time/date to one close to the original release date. You can do this either by temporarily changing the date in your BIOS or by using Terminal from the El Capitan installer set-up menu:

Code:
sudo date 1212080015

... which equals - 12th December 08:00am 2015 - for example.

To "Spoof" the older CPU in Clover, open your config.plist in Clover Configurator and look for the FakeCPUID option. Choose a Skylake code. (You can do this manually instead if your prefer).
My friend, I did all the procedure, but it's giving this message.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-03-31 at 14.43.38.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-03-31 at 14.43.38.jpeg
    87.8 KB · Views: 62
At the moment I'm using two separate HDs, one with mojave (Clover) and the other with Catalina (Opencore), there's no way to create an EFI for me, please :)

My friend, I did all the procedure, but it's giving this message.

This is caused by the memory fix driver being used. You can try different OsxAptioFix drivers (do not use the one with "FREE" in its name) or upgrade your boot-loader to a more recent version.

You say you need the system for your work. What were you using previously?
I'm using Catalina with opencore, but I have another separate hd with mojave using clover, but I urgently need El Capitan on this machine to work.

I'm using Catalina with opencore, but I have another separate hd with mojave using clover, but I urgently need El Capitan on this machine to work.

Okay, understood.

Pushing back to El Capitan right now (I.e in 2022) is a tricky goal. I have done it with a Z590 / Comet Lake build and the advice I gave earlier is needed to get the job done. No-one will have gone through the process with similar hardware to yours before, that is fairly certain. I can help along the way but can not do the work on your hardware for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back