Contribute
Register

Wake from Sleep GTX1050TI and LG HD monitor (Success)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OMK

Motherboard
Asrock Z270M Extreme4 Z270
CPU
Intel Core i7-7700K, 4,2 GHz Kaby Lake
Graphics
Radeon RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
This is a adapted paragraph from my build post that I think might have some benefit having its own thread.

It may help others in troubleshooting

After the initial setup I had a problem where wake from Sleep kept the monitor dark. The system still worked, Screen Sharing and/or ssh allow me access the system, make edits, and to reboot cleanly. The same problem occurred when using the other HDMI slot on the monitor (for my laptop) and then switching back to the original HDMI input. The system failed to sync.

In this setup this has to do with the 'Deep Color' option on the LG 24UD58-B 24-Inch 4K UHD monitor. Reseting the monitor to its default values restored the wake/sleep possibility. It turns out that when the monitor is set to 'HDMI Ultra HD Deep Color' (Menu->Picture->Picture Adjust) it will wake properly only if the display is scaled to the maximum 'More Space' setting (maximum i.e. 4k resolution). Any other display setting in combination with the Deep Color monitor setting will prevent the wake-up.

Turning the Deep Color setting off allows the system to wake in any of the scaled resolutions.

Thanks, disabling a similar color setting has fixed some issues with my GTX 1080 Ti on Panasonic DX700 4K TV :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back