Contribute
Register

VoodooI2C Help and Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone take a look on my debug file? Trying to figure out whether its an ELAN or Synaptics device so I can proceed.
Thanks in advance
Looks like Synaptics. If the Synaptics kext isn't working properly, try VoodooI2CHID.
Your trackpad is currently operating in PS2 mode. If it's also capable of I2C communication (Check in Windows), check for a BIOS setting ('Advanced'?).
Check the VoodooPS2 documentation to see how you can disable the trackpad + mouse plugins of it.

I tried changing the _CRS method as you suggested to Razeriste, but still no luck.
Your _CRS method contains this:
Code:
            Method (_CRS, 0, NotSerialized)  // _CRS: Current Resource Settings
            {
                ConcatenateResTemplate (SBFB, SBFI)
            }
Not what I've suggested...

Hi! How do I change that? When I look in my DSDT file "Return (ConcatenateResTemplate (I2CM (I2CX, BADR, SPED), SBFI)" appears 4 times after "Return (ConcatenateResTemplate (I2CM (I2CX, BADR, SPED), SBFG)").

Do I have to delete the 4 "Return (ConcatenateResTemplate (I2CM (I2CX, BADR, SPED), SBFG)" lines that appear?
Remove all of the _CRS method's content, and put the suggested piece of code inside.

Thanks a ton for your help!

Had both Windows 2015 patch + hot patch in there just in case, but I removed the patch now.
I updated Clover, VoodooI2C.kext + VoodooI2CHID.kext, replaced/removed the drivers (ApfsDriverLoader-64, etc.) as you suggested but still nothing : /
Hmm... Not sure why VoodooI2CHID is not loaded.
Try VoodooI2CSynaptics instead. Not sure how current release is working though, so you could also try building the kext from source (Try latest HID and latest Synaptics. Not together).

Hello guys, I just want to let you know that in this GitHub repo influenist made the synaptic touchpad work as a trackpad.
All the gestures work at 90% (there is indeed a pressure issue sometimes). In this EFI only for the Xiaomi Air 12.5 with the Kabylake-CPU there is a kext named VoodooI2CSynaptics that made the job in addition with the DSDT patches provided on the voodooI2C official repo.
The only issue I am facing at the moment in daily usage is that the trackpad won't work after sleep if I put the laptop to sleep by closing the lid. If I use the menu option "Sleep" the trackpad works even after the wake up.
Maybe this could be a good starting point for developers in order to enable the trackpad on synaptic devices I2C controlled.
Next release should resolve your sleep issue. You can try building latest VoodooI2C + VoodooI2CSynaptics from source and test it.

Nice to meet you.
I installed Voodoo I 2 C on the Surface Pro 3 Core i 5 model, but there is no response even if I touch the touch panel with my finger.
I will attach the necessary files, please give me advice.

Attachments

• Surface Pro 3.zip
    486.3 KB · Views: 54
@ben9923
I have the same proble,. GPIO is well and tpd0 appear in ioreg but trackpad not works...
I create i2c.aml. Gpio appear as cannon lake and tpd0 in i2c0 but not works. I think that my fix is not correct

Attachments

• debug_14397.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 56
  • SSDT-I2C.aml
    224 bytes · Views: 81
Last edited:
My I2C device are 9d60, 9d61 ( I2C HID device)
My system is KabyLake
I try many times but it not work
there are my DSDT, config, and kext install
Help me to patch my I2C, please
many thank

Attachments

• I2C.zip
    258.4 KB · Views: 65
Nice to meet you.
I installed Voodoo I 2 C on the Surface Pro 3 Core i 5 model, but there is no response even if I touch the touch panel with my finger.
I will attach the necessary files, please give me advice.
Remove VoodooI2CFTE.kext, VoodooI2CUPDDEngine.kext.
Install VoodooI2CHID.kext.

@ben9923
I have the same proble,. GPIO is well and tpd0 appear in ioreg but trackpad not works...
I create i2c.aml. Gpio appear as cannon lake and tpd0 in i2c0 but not works. I think that my fix is not correct
GPIO interrupts are not currently supported on CFL. Undo the GPIO patch.

Your 'External' declarations are incorrect. I2CX, BADR, SPED are not methods.
Your _CRS should look like this:
Code:
Return (ConcatenateResTemplate (I2CM (I2CX, BADR, SPED), SBFI))

My I2C device are 9d60, 9d61 ( I2C HID device)
My system is KabyLake
I try many times but it not work
there are my DSDT, config, and kext install
Help me to patch my I2C, please
many thank
Please use gen_debug.sh to collect your troubleshooting files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back